Drakensang: TRoT - Release Confirmed for US, UK, RU & Benelux

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
dtp's Community Manager Betty announced the planned release schedule for Drakensang: The River of Time in the official forum:
Hi all,

finally I have good official news for you:
Drakensang: River of Time will be released in US and UK.

Currently we are aiming for a release in the beginning of 2011, but I will deliver final dates as soon as they are approved.

Also the game will be released in Russia and Benelux this year.
Thanks, Dwagginz.
More information.

Yay! Thanks for the good news, I was beginning to doubt their commitment to us non-Germans.

I wonder who'll do it ?

2011? It was already released in Poland with english VO, what's the holdup?

Us Beneluxers are getting what I assume is the English VO version too. Yay!

So yeah, good question. Distribution? Marketing? No reason? I dunno, they barely seem to take the US/UK seriously.

Interesting....though I wonder about the DLC and whatnot on the technical side of things as that is quite a delay.

Here's hoping for good things to ultimately come of this though.

Good news ... Drakensang was one of my favourite RPGs of 2009. In the top 5, along with Risen and DA:O. In fact, I think I like it more than DA. An RPG with Drakensang graphics and DA character development, and some game system more like Drakensang than DA:O, but not quite so complex, would be near an ideal 3D RPG for me. Got to admit, though, the RPG of 2009 closest to my good old gamester's heart is still Knights of the Chalice.

OK, but where's the Australian release, or do I have to order from OS again as usual!! :)

"Abysmal" is a harsh word. But it doesn't have much content, yes, that's true, as far as I've heard.
Most people are just angry because they believe that too much money was charged for too little content regrding the Add-On.
Which is probably right. I have heard almost only negative thoughts about it, because it contains too little story and too much fightin, people say, and to non-insiders to TDE lore, the plot is just ... unrealistic, they say.

Hum. Isnt' there an add on to TRoT ? Is that also being released ? Anyways i liked the first game (though it was not perfect) so hopefully this one will be good too..

RoT is clearly improved over DraSa.

The add-on got slaughtered by in the reviews. I haven't played it yet, but what I take from the reviews is that it's too combat-heavy, and has too little content for a 30€ add-on. Which still makes it better than the average 10$ DLC. ;)

I think it would be a good idea to add it to the international releases for free. It's totally clear the add-on will never see a retail release outside of Germany.

...and has too little content for a 30€ add-on

Hmmm... I can't remember ever seeing a listing as high as that. Of course I don't know all retailer listings by heart but when the game was released I remember that Amazon.de was selling it for EUR 21.98 (the price I paid myself on release), the Saturn retail chain in my area (and I think Alrik posted the same for the Cologne area) sold the game for only EUR 19.99 and Okaysoft.de is/was selling it for EUR 24.98. So if there is indeed a place out there trying to sell it for ~30.00 then I'm quite sure that they haven't moved too many units ;) .

Good news, indeed. I'd also pretty much given up hoping for an English version. If they want to boost sales, putting it out in English can't hurt much.

Happy day. Old-school goodness headed my way.

Btw are the developers working on additional drakensang or did they get dismantled (I know they went brankrupt but not sure what happened after that).
There were whisperings of a third Drakensang game (Along with Denomicon or whatever it is), but I doubt they'll happen with Radon Labs. Someone (I'm sure it was here) posted what happened to them.

I'll try to dig up that post.

Cautiously optimistic. But I'll wait for several reviews before getting this one.

The first Drakensang was just painfully slow and dull. Sad, because it looked great, ran flawlessly and is exactly the kind of game I usually like. I was drooling over it when I first played, but by the time I was running (slowly) back and forth across the haunted swamp area, I couldn't take it anymore. Just gave up out of sheer boredom.

Back
Top Bottom