Fallout: New Vegas - PC Patch Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The first patch for the PC version of Fallout: New Vegas has been released, with console versions to follow soon. The details are vague ("quest and scripting issues") but here's part of the post on the Bethblog:
Unless you’ve been stuck in a Vault, you probably know that Fallout: New Vegas was released yesterday. We’re thrilled that so many people are enjoying the game, but we also realize there are a few issues that you guys have been reporting.
We have just released an automatic update for the PC version of Fallout: New Vegas that resolves quest and scripting issues. Be sure to restart Steam to ensure the update is downloaded on your next launch of the game. We’re also working hard to make this update available for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game as soon as possible, and will let you know as soon as we have the dates they’ll be up.
Also covered by following the link is preorder bonus issues with the PS3 and for Aussies.
More information.

Sure! The patch that is released one day after the game was made available is a response to what "us guys" have been reporting. Absolutely credible!

Not exactly sure that's what he meant. He just said that they realize there are a few issues as in they already knew about it not that they were made aware of it by the fans.

Sure! The patch that is released one day after the game was made available is a response to what "us guys" have been reporting. Absolutely credible!

Plus, they had review copies out before the main release and while I didn't get one the editor at one site I work with did (for X360) and they said Beth/Obs were receptive to feedback.

I'm fortunate that I haven't been far enough to run into anything yet. I've been playing the first town with a couple different builds to see what type of character I want to play. I'm enjoying a sneak/explosives build the best so I've taken that character to the second area of the game and it's fun. I need more mines though :)
Mines are expensive in this game!

Guys, I wasn't that serious or upset… :)

Your statement wasn't unreasonable ... because it sounds like they were doing a Day 1 patch and trying to mask it as 'being responsive to customers'. :)

Back
Top Bottom