Venetica - UK Release Friday

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We received this PR that announces Venetica will be launched in the UK on Friday for the X360 and PC, with the PS3 version "to follow":
Venetica, Award-winning cinematic RPG, available on PC, Xbox 360 on Friday 12 November; PS3 version to follow
Stunning European role-playing game available this week
Thursday, 11th November 2010: Mastertronic, the UK’s leading independent publisher of computer and videogames, has today announced it has scooped the rights to distribute Deck 13’s fantasy RPG Venetica on Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3 and published by DTP. The game will be available from Friday, November 12th for Xbox 360 and PC, with the PlayStation 3 version following a few weeks later.

Venetica is a gorgeous fantasy role-playing game, in which players assume the role of Scarlett, the daughter of Death. Set in and around the city of Venice in the 16th century, the game challenges players to rid the city of a dangerous necromancer, who is determined to bring death and destruction to the world.​

The game offers players true-to-life visuals, subtle camera work, and spectacular cutscenes, with detailed cinematic sequences taking players on a unique journey through the game world in a way that is unmatched in the RPG genre.

Venetica was a massive hit in its native Germany, with GamingXP.de awarding it a massive 88 per cent. Gamers Plus described it as “a fresh role-playing game with a unique setting” whilst Looki.de declared “you’ve got to hand it to Deck 13: they know how to tell a fascinating story... which knows how to motive and attract the player.”

“Venetica is a European breath of fresh air in a genre dominated by the Americans and Japanese,” says James Cato, Group Sales Director, Mastertonic . “We’re thrilled to have added this to our roster, and look forward to introducing UK gamers to one of the most original and beautiful role-playing games created.”

Venetica will be released on Friday November 12th 2010 for PC and Xbox 360, with a suggested retail price of £39.99. The PlayStation 3 version will follow shortly.
More information.

Another freaking RPG in English? Maybe I'll wait for this one :)

Good to hear it's finally coming. :)
Nice game.

Wait, this game wasn't released in English yet? I was almost 100% sure that I saw the PC and 360 versions of the game in a store here in Belgium about two months ago. Strange. I'm probably getting delusional.

Wait, this game wasn't released in English yet? I was almost 100% sure that I saw the PC and 360 versions of the game in a store here in Belgium about two months ago. Strange. I'm probably getting delusional.
I don't know if BeNeLux areas count. They got Drakensang: TRoT before the UK/US has done, so I'm not sure what exactly is going on.

I've not seen much of Venetica but it does look somewhat interesting, I'm just not sure if I want to get it. I have absolutely no problem with Mastertronic, believe me, but dtp are still involved and I have to say that over the past year or so I've become disillusioned with them, but I suppose I'd have to get it to try to encourage them to release more titles.

It's was released in Benelux months ago.

It's was released in Benelux months ago.
Odd. I believe dtp did the same thing with Divinity II. I don't really understand why they would translate an entire game into English, release it in three countries that don't have a very large target audience for this sort of game (as far as I know at least) and then decide not to release it in the UK altogether.

I'm not really interested in the game myself. I believe it got pretty good reactions in Germany, but the game just doesn't look very appealing to me.

Is It in English and where can i import ??? The games in the U.S, have been terrible !!! All i here about is Kenect, Call Of Duty and Fable 3 / DA 2 .Games are so watered down in the US. market, Im ready to start making my own RPG.

Odd. I believe dtp did the same thing with Divinity II. I don't really understand why they would translate an entire game into English, release it in three countries that don't have a very large target audience for this sort of game (as far as I know at least) and then decide not to release it in the UK altogether.
They'd probably put it down to having no partner abroad, when in fact they could just bung it on Steam/Impulse/GamersGate/Direct2Drive and be done with it - 1C do it, why can't dtp?

They often tend to gang up with publishers like Focus in the UK - I seem to remember Mastertronic having Divinity 2 listed, and I know Focus have been involved with King's Bounty. There's also Nobilis and Kalypso (Nobilis worked with 1C for a release of KB: The Legend). I don't really "trust" dtp with getting their releases out, to be honest, at least in the UK.

And rich ruffo, you might want to try game.co.uk, but I'm not sure if they ship to the US or not.

Fantastic! That is very good news to me (360/PS3 owner). I've been hoping this game would come out for a long time and had pretty much given up hope.

p.s. Now I just need it to come out in the US...

Last edited:
Is It in English and where can i import ??? The games in the U.S, have been terrible !!! All i here about is Kenect, Call Of Duty and Fable 3 / DA 2 .Games are so watered down in the US. market, Im ready to start making my own RPG.

Venetica is similar to Fable though. Some reviewer called it "The better Fable - without all the sentimental crap".

I vaguely recall this got fairly decent reviews. Anyway, have ordered, the setting is sufficiently unusual to give it a whirl.

Venetica has a lot of soul and surprisingly dynamic combat. Just be aware it's a simple game.

Coaster , where did you order this from and is it in english ??? My game radar tells me this is a decent game .

Coaster , where did you order this from and is it in english ??? My game radar tells me this is a decent game .

If you're looking for the PC version and can wait another 7 days you can order/pre-order the game here. I'm certainly no expert with online ordering, but I've bought about five games over at ShopTo, and everything was always fine. It's a pretty hassle-free service. I believe they do international orders as well, and it's pretty hard to argue with that price.

I haven't seen it on any of the DD services yet, but I prefer a nice physical copy myself to be honest.

Well, Two Worlds 2 was smart enough to delay til Jan for the US at least...

The only complaint I have about the game (I have played the English Benelux version) is that the last patch was made available in 2009 while the game still could use some patching. With the UK release now, I'd hoped they would give the English version a once-over and release another patch.

I'm currently unable to finish my fight with what I guess is the second to last boss due to CTDs. I'm now busy with New Vegas, but when I return to the game I hope there will be a patch or I'll have found a workaround.

Took it time to be released.

Back
Top Bottom