Dragon Age 2 - Hurlock, Emissary Updates

Never understood why it's called an "Emissary". They just don't do everything an "Emissary" in the traditional sense of the word does.
Instead, they are nothing but magic casters, as far as I understood them.
So why this name ? Can somebody please enlighten me ?

Never understood why it's called an "Emissary". They just don't do everything an "Emissary" in the traditional sense of the word does.
Instead, they are nothing but magic casters, as far as I understood them.
So why this name ? Can somebody please enlighten me ?

From the wiki:
In the darkspawn armies, the few toughest and most intelligent of the darkspawn become alphas, the commanders and generals of the darkspawn armies. Of these alphas, a few becomes Emissaries, the spellcasters of the darkspawn with abilities similar to Blood Magic. However, these emissaries rarely appear outside of a Blight, when they appear to ensure that the generals and commanders of the darkspawn armies serve the Archdemon's interests and not their own.

The emissaries are the only ones among the darkspawn that have been known to possess the ability to speak and communicate to other species, though topics of discussion with non-darkspawn races are rather limited.

Okay, thanks.

Hm, the idea wouldn't be bad.

I think it would be interesting to have some "angelic creatures" within the party ... ;)

What would imho look interesting would be a battlefield - filled with two parties, one dark one light, meeting each other ... And mixing the colours ...

In Mask of the Betrayer there are some very curious companions, celestial one included.

As for the OT, among other things, Bioware needs to stop pimping the freaking darkspawn already.
It was never much interesting concept to begin with, attempt at giving it more depth in Awakening ended up as a very mixed bag and they didn´t squeeze much from pc´s warden status in personal/gameplay aspects anyway.
The darkspawn threat served well as a background catalyzer for political intrigue and that´s where the game´s story aspects were the strongest and that´s what they imo should concentrate on in DA2, along with, among other things, filling the world with entirely new enemies.
Darkspawn being part of prologue is ok, for the rest of the game they need to put it to ice.
Maybe they´ve already done this and these previews are just a part of their ongoing quest for a nadir of marketing, I dunno.

I have a feeling that the Qunari are going to have a prominent role in the story. Not to mention Templars, since they rule Kirkwall if I recall correctly.

Wynn was sort of angelic. Like you suggest, it would be interesting to see more of that kind of divine/spiritual intervention on a larger scale…

Yes, and I found it interesting that this female church member - what was her name ? - often expressed her respect for her.

Ah, yes, thanks. :)

I have in general a very bad memory when it comes to names. :rolleyes:

I am the same way, but for some reason I tend to remember companions in games. Other than that, I'm bad with names.

Back
Top Bottom