Dragon Age 2 - Developer Video Diary

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare has released a Dragon Age 2 developer diary featuring Development Manager Robyn Théberge discussing the game. Unfortunately, she only repeats the "press a button and something awesome happens" and "think like a general, but fight like a Spartan" mantras to background footage from previous trailers. Check it out at GameBanshee.
More information.

Sigh nothing new again.The game is coming out in 4 months and I still see no pc footage or more information.As stated they only care about the 360 version since all the previews are based off it.:roll:

Are we sure this game is coming out for Multi platforms not that i care anymore.

Are we sure this game is coming out for Multi platforms not that i care anymore.

Yes. BioWare devs talk about the 3 version in of a few of their podcasts. Which is probably what people should listen to if they want real information and not marketing.

Yes. BioWare devs talk about the 3 version in of a few of their podcasts. Which is probably what people should listen to if they want real information and not marketing.

I don't want a podcast.I want to see game footage and how its changed.I never take bioware's words on faith.They promise much but fail to deliver half the time.

press a button and something awesome happens

You mean, like this?

2s64pr6.jpg

I am sick and tired of Bioware keeping secrets for the sake of secrecy. It has become a habit of them. So tiresome.

"Robyn is kinda cute though."

She'd be cuter if she didn't repeatedly say things like, "Think like a general; fight like a Spartan." Corporate shills make the monkey go flaccid. :(

We should begin collecting a top 10 list of (in)famous marketing / PR sentences of the last decade.

This "press the button and something awesome will happen" would definitively in it.

Everyone give them a little credit its better than saying this is the new shit.

Even though my negativity for this game continues to grow with every new preview, the one thing that keeps my optimism hanging by a thread is that Bioware marketed DA:O in a very immature "for the masses" fashion, and then the game turned out to (thankfully) be nothing like it was advertised to be. So hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised again, but I'm not holding my breath.

"Robyn is kinda cute though."

She'd be cuter if she didn't repeatedly say things like, "Think like a general; fight like a Spartan." Corporate shills make the monkey go flaccid. :(

LOL! Indeed. It's tragic, but I actually think Bioware's PR-departement must have thought long and hard about this catchphrase. "Make sure you say the SPARTAN-line, Robyn! Make sure everybody knows touching buttons makes AWESOME THINGS happen!".

Insert inappropriate comment about touching Robyn's button here.

A new art style - "Grimmer", "Bloodier", "Sexier"? No, it's revolting. It looks like a five year old got some crayons and coloured the game in whilst having some sort of seizure. Craploads of blood doesn't make a game "grim", it looks stupid and juvenile.

The Spartan line makes me think Hawke will, at some point, shout "THIS. IS. THEDAS!" and punt some poor sod down a hole or off a conveniently high place.

Watching these PR videos is just depressing. I also didn't see a whole lot that resembled DA:O in that video...

Back
Top Bottom