Dead State - Design Update: This Can Help

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Brian Mitsoda's latest Dead State update is an unusual plea for accuracy in disseminating information. I'd say from my observations this is a hopeless cause but here's a snip:
Everyone working on Dead State is really happy to have you all visiting the forums, discussing the game, and motivating us to make it something really special. Most likely you read other game forums or sites, and sometimes you might see our game mentioned on other forums or sites. We can’t check all of them or comment on all of them, obviously. So, this week, if we can request one small favor from you all – if you see false or perplexing info about Dead State on another forum you contribute to, could you maybe post the correct info (directly quoted from a dev or FAQ quote) or just point them toward these forums?

This seems like a minor issue, but misinformation can sometimes hurt interest or expectations for the project from a whole group of gamers that read those posts. Sometimes we’re making the game people at that forum really want to play, but one erroneous post turns them all off the project. I’ll give you an example, paraphrased from another forum:

“Dead State? Who knows if that’s coming out. There’s only like one guy working on it part-time. There aren’t even any screenshots for it. Also, I don’t like multiplayer games, so I’m not interested in it.”
They also need help from artists, if you're in a position to make low-poly prop models.
More information.

Ah, this. Yeah, I know, it must be hard making political simulators...it`s been a few years since Balance Of Power after all. At least they have this huge 100+ dev team - so it will be fairly thorough I hope.

What I can`t fathom is decision to release it only in Australia- but maybe the game is so controversial thats the only logical step, after all Aussies are known for their tolerant stance on videogames.

Huh? Dead State isn't a political simulator, made by a 100+ team or just being released in Australia. It's an indie RPG.

From the FAQ:
What is Dead State?
A survival RPG that takes places as society is breaking down due to a zombie apocalypse.

Loved the original, so this game is a must for me.
This spring will be hectic, that´s for sure.

@GhanBuriGhan Just doing my part ;)

Back
Top Bottom