Indie RPGs - Inaria - Officially Released

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
The Ultima III-inspired RPG Inaria from Viridian Games is officially released. You can get it here for $4.99.
Go to Viridian Games' website to find out more about the game.
Inaria's features:
- Classically inspired graphics
- Huge dungeons to exlore
- Tons of different enemies to fight
- RPG mechanics that reward you no matter how you choose to create your character
- A plot of intrigue and deception, where things aren’t as simple as they seem
- Superb retro-styled music courtesy of H. Arnold Jones
More information.

I would like to buy the game, but as i have no credit card i normally use paypal. Sadly the buying platform does not offer paypal?
Alternatives?

I absolutely loved U3. But I can't even see a screenshot on their website. Also the site seems barren, just like my wife. One thing about U3, I didn't like the first person dungeon style. Much prefer tile-based. Which does Inaria offer?

I absolutely loved U3. But I can't even see a screenshot on their website. Also the site seems barren, just like my wife. One thing about U3, I didn't like the first person dungeon style. Much prefer tile-based. Which does Inaria offer?
Found a solution. Bought it. Dungeons are the same as overland view, top-down tiles.

Some screenshots from the intro and the beginning of the game:

DD2_shot9.jpg

Inaria.jpg

Inaria3.jpg

Noooo! You guys weren't supposed to see that yet! The website's not done! Avert your eyes, avert your eyes!

Seriously, I probably shouldn't have mentioned anywhere (even on Twitter) that the game was for sale until the website page was done.

Of course, since I Are No Artist, I Are No Web Designer, and I Are Broke, even when I'm done it'll probably look pretty bad. Hopefully the game itself will make up for it.

ANYway, thank you guys for noticing and talking about my game! If you have any questions about it, you can message me here or email me.

Thanks!

Looks like a great game. May have to purchase it when I have the time to get into it!

This game has a nice "ancient school" vibe along with the modern UI features like "tooltips" well, even mouse usage in general.
I like the music and the simple but addictive rpg gameplay (goto dungeons, slay monsters and find treasures, level up, sell stuff, ...) also the story seems to drag you further into the world.
I dont know yet if i like the dungeon resets, when you leave and reenter. I know that you need this to allow building up the hero, but it doesn´t give the feeling of accomplishment.
Maybe you could still do this, but more slowly and gradually after some turns passed, so this simulates monsters (+ treasures) moving in again after the hero left.

Okay, NOW you can look. In fact, even if you've no desire to buy the game, critiques on my website would be much appreciated.

http://www.viridiangames.com/

vidder: The dungeon resets were kind of at necessity, first because of XP factor but also because the framework I was using doesn't support saving entire gamestates yet. Inaria II will be better :)

That's my bad about the website. I went there and saw that the first page was all done and had a link to a place where you can buy the game, but I didn't check out any of the other pages on your website. Sorry about that.

You did have the first page done which offered information on the game, so there was that at least :)

Looks cool. At 4.99 I bought it just to support these kind of games being made, might be a while before I can spend any time with it though.

I like what I see on these screenshots. :)

Oh my, I just wish I was an indie distributor here ... ;)

Is there a demo somewhere ? Planned in the future ?

Is there a demo somewhere ? Planned in the future ?

I'm sorry, no. There's an older version of Inaria that you can play (the original, 40-hour version) on my website.

Looks interesting. Really dig the Old Skool feel. I know it's only $4.99, but I'd still like to know a bit more. Anyone who's played it, I'd appreciate some comments.

There's an older version of Inaria that you can play (the original, 40-hour version) on my website.
How well does the older version represent the newer one? Same story? Same ruleset (i.e. the RPG rules by which character creation, combat, etc. work)? Same functionality (controls etc.)?

Viridian, just a friendly heads up, the link to Inaria Original does not yet have the download link to the older game. No rush, you just got the website up and running, I take it. When you got the time, I'd like to check out the older version (as a demo of sorts).

Looks interesting. Really dig the Old Skool feel. I know it's only $4.99, but I'd still like to know a bit more. Anyone who's played it, I'd appreciate some comments.

How well does the older version represent the newer one? Same story? Same ruleset (i.e. the RPG rules by which character creation, combat, etc. work)? Same functionality (controls etc.)?

Viridian, just a friendly heads up, the link to Inaria Original does not yet have the download link to the older game. No rush, you just got the website up and running, I take it. When you got the time, I'd like to check out the older version (as a demo of sorts).

Ah poop. Some stuff got broke when I started hacking up my own css/html. Let me fix that.

Original Inaria is going to look like a more primitive version of Inaria, but with only four spells, no special abilities, a completely different world/set of dungeons, etc. It was originally written as a challenge to see if I could write a "complete" RPG in one work week, 40 hours. And now it's blossomed into a retail release! I almost can't believe it myself.

Back
Top Bottom