KoA: Reckoning - Preview @ GamesRadar

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GamesRadar serves up a hands-on preview of Reckoning:
And with an engaging combat system comes an equally deep character progression system. Rather than you choosing a “Destiny” – Reckoning's term for character class – right at the start and possibly regretting it a few hours later, Reckoning circumvents this approach by enabling on-the-fly customization. You do choose a Destiny, but you’re never locked totally into it. Rather, the game decides what your Destiny might be as you funnel skill points into three areas; Might, Sorcery and Fitness, unlocking new possible character builds (there are hundreds, apparently) along the way.
For example, when our demoer gave his mage-type character a few more skills from the thief-like Fitness skill tree, it opened a combined sort of mage/rogue Destiny for him to choose. And choosing this class by visiting a fate reader is what changed our boring teleport move into a very cool “teleport and also poison my foe” move. So like the upcoming Skyrim, Amalur crafts your class retroactively, based upon the way you are already playing.
Eventually, our demoer found the missing daughter by traversing a cave system under the ruined town of Culn. She seemed to be holding her own as well, staving off foes with her bow and arrow. She asks our hero to help her by closing three gates through which enemy reinforcements are swarming in. Though she helps in combat, she is nowhere near as effective as the tank of pain your character is. Don't expect to ever rely on the AI-controlled characters in this game. And if you are, you're clearly not having fun dismembering all who stand in your way.

More information.

Dismembering monsters is fun ?????? O_O

Dismembering monsters is fun ?????? O_O

You should see how many people ask about dismembering features in RPGs on official forums. Some people are just in it for the gore...or they think that God of War is a RPG. I'm not sure sometimes.

but the tentative release date of 2012 is heart-breaking – it looks crazy polished already, why do we have to wait so long?

Somebody didn't see EA "push back" notice. They "moved" the game back to 2012 because of "competition", it was supposed to be released in September. My guess is that EA doesn't want the game to compete with Star Wars: The Old Republic.

You should see how many people ask about dismembering features in RPGs on official forums. Some people are just in it for the gore…or they think that God of War is a RPG. I'm not sure sometimes.

*shudders*

If I'd find such a person, I'd be gone. Absolutely.

What's even worse to me is the thought that some of these mniacs might be here in these forums … *shudders again*

Back
Top Bottom