Fallout: New Vegas - Reviews for DLC Honest Hearts

aries100

SasqWatch
Two reviews for this DLC for Obsidian's Fallout: New Vegas has appeared. First up is
PC Gamer - 66/100
Like the first chunk of FNV DLC, Dead Money, the plot and dialog of Honest Hearts are its strongest features. The two central characters encountered in this open-world tract of Utah desert, Daniel and Joshua, are both post-nuclear Mormons working to save a peace-loving tribe from hostiles, and their passionately argued disagreement as to how to approach the problem creates a real ethical dilemma as you pick a side. Joshua’s history—and his link to the events in the Mojave—is great to read into as well.
Then we have

Thunderbolt Chimes - 5/10
There are around thirty new locations to be discovered but many of them are simply caravan sites or small piers, which are relevant given the setting, but are far from satisfying to an excitement-seeking adventurer. Upon exploring the map’s cave system, you may uncover the most compelling aspect of the DLC: the uncovering of a segmented sub-plot where you learn about a survivor of the war on the verge of suicide, who settled in the area whilst assisting the locals without them knowing.
More information.

I find that so far even fo3's point lookout and the pitt dlcs were better than what obsidian's been churning out. Old World Blues stinks of a hightech dungeon where you'll be shooting everything that moves(much like dead money), only have some hope left for lonesome road.

I actually enjoyed Dead Money greatly. I can't speak on Honest Hearts since I have yet to play it; however, it's interesting to note that it (Honest Hearts) is the only DLC of the four to have J.E. Sawyer instead of Chris Avellone as project lead.

i've enjoyed both after finishing honest hearts last week. if you place exploration of high importance for an rpg or any gaming experience then you won't be disappointed. i have the perspective of having been to zion national park a few times the last being about 12 years ago. going back there in honest hearts really did bring back a lot of scenic memories and if anything i hope the game encourages folks to go there especially if they travel to las vegas. its probably the most breathtalking of any fallout gameworld so far in my view. while the gameplay choices are somewhat limited, i still got over 15 hours or so of gameplay out of it.

Back
Top Bottom