Dragon Age 2 - "Legacy" DLC Details Coming

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I almost thought BioWare had dropped Dragon Age 2 DLC but apparently "Legacy" will be revealed tomorrow:
Tomorrow, July 7, at 1pm PST Gamespot will be covering the EA Stage presentation from the EA 2011 Showcase event. During this live broadcast, you will have your first opportunity to get a look at Dragon Age II's next DLC Legacy.

I do not have a link to the broadcast (and I do not know if they will be recording it so you can watch it later, that is up to Gamespot). It is on the Gamespot Calendar as EA Showcase 2011. It starts at 1pm PST tomorrow. If I get a better link, I will let everyone know.

Make sure you tune in for your first look at Legacy.
More information.

Most likey another armor pack... sight :(

Most likey another armor pack… sight :(

It is not an armour pack, it is a story dlc...
source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/315/index/7697770&lf=8

Mike Laidlaw says:

If this is a roundabout way of asking if Legacy is an item pack, it most certainly is not. It's not as big as Shadows of Undrentide, but it's DLC, not an expansion pack.

But it certainly is story driven. Some...interesting revelations in there, and we've gone to lengths to be sure you can engage with it at any point in DA II after you reach Kirkwall, including from the post-game save (which, like DA:O, takes place "just before" the events of the end game).

In this thread, the acheivements are revealed for Legacy:

http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/315/index/7700558/1

I think I will pass. I haven't touched the game since I finished it and nothing can make me play it again.

I think I will pass. I haven't touched the game since I finished it and nothing can make me play it again.

here here

this dlc strategy must be for hardcore fans o_O, i really don't get it
imo it's a waste of resources

Additional story/gameplay content is a waste of resources?

Stupid comment is stupid.

I actually liked the game quite a bit. It certainly wasn't the greatest I ever played, but I enjoyed my time.

Still, my comment above applies. I'm not eager to play again unless it's a major expansion.

DLC for an overblown expansion? Might get around to it when DA3 comes out and I need a "perfect" save to import.

it obviously has something to do with morriganspawn. which in reality i felt they were going to address in the core game itself. dragon age 2 was enjoyable and while right after playing it my opinion of it was good...it's so far down on the list that like others have said i'll wait for something meatier.

I bought the game on release day. Once I saw the enemy jumping around and falling from the sky like paratroopers I started to slowly lose interest and played a total of about 8 hours. Dragon Age is dead to me. I only hope Bioware doesn't screw up the next Mass Effect...

I bought the game on release day. Once I saw the enemy jumping around and falling from the sky like paratroopers I started to slowly lose interest and played a total of about 8 hours. Dragon Age is dead to me. I only hope Bioware doesn't screw up the next Mass Effect…

I almost lost interest playing but gave it a chance. To me its a average game riding on the success of the first. Each play through just felt the same. As for ME3 just give me a better story. I dont want to fetch and solve my squads problems for more than 75% of the game.

Big way to boost interest in the game, EA, I bet half of the people that played DA2 have already forgotten about it, and the other half are actively trying to wish it out of their heads.

Additional story/gameplay content is a waste of resources?
Of course. This is Dragon Age 2 we´re talking about here.
And I don´t think reminding people of the game´s existence works exactly in EA´s/Bioware´s favour ;).

Still haven't played DA2. Now waiting for an all-in edition before considering buying it, if the additional content makes the game more to my liking.

So...what will the legacy of Legacy be? (sorry, someone had to rise to the occasion - so it might as well be me! Besides, it means I can avoid doing work for a few more minutes.....boondoggling...)

Seriously though, I have no desire to replay DA2 in the foreseeable future.

I enjoyed DA2. Played through it twice with a total of about 80 hours so I definitely got my money's worth although it was quite clearly flawed in several major areas (though I don't think the flaws are inherent in the game itself, and may be somewhat fixable). Been waiting for some DLC to start my rogue playthrough so while I wouldn't say I'm "excited" about it I do enjoy the setting and I'm, at the very least, interested to see how much feedback BioWare have taken on board.

interested to see how much feedback BioWare have taken on board.
I think the more accurate question would be "how much feedback BioWare have taken on board with the current tech", and the answer would be "not much". They may have removed re-spawning, parachuting and exploding enemies and recycled levels, but they can't do anything about skills, abilities, the way attributes are handled, dialogs, isometric camera, companion inventory, weapon switching, etc.

Back
Top Bottom