Basilisk Games - Holiday Sale

Thanks but this isn't much of a sale is it? I guess his audience is small. Maybe it's small because his prices are too high.

Anyone fed the trolls lately? I guess they're getting hungry.

Daroou said:
Thanks but this isn't much of a sale is it?
If it was only 5% or 10% I'd agree but 50% off until next year? What constitutes a sale to you?

Daroou said:
I guess his audience is small. Maybe it's small because his prices are too high.
Considering the amount of hours I've put into playing both games I believe the prices are really good, even without the current sale. Many other people would tell you the same.

Why do you think the prices are too high?

Average 25h without counting the reload time and so on for each of one game, seem a good price, Now maybe if 3th book will be two times short maybe you can say something similar.

I clocked 32 and 38 hours for Book I & II. Great games really when you are in the retro mood. A bit simpler and relaxing to play compared to the Spiderweb games but just as addicting.

If it was only 5% or 10% I'd agree but 50% off until next year? What constitutes a sale to you?

I didn't say it wasn't a sale. I said it's not much of a sale. It's been a year and a half since it came out? I'm comparing it to other sales out there, such as Steam sales where I just got Mass (console) Effect 2 for $5 and I think it came out about the same time (few months earlier).

Considering the amount of hours I've put into playing both games I believe the prices are really good, even without the current sale. Many other people would tell you the same.

Why do you think the prices are too high?

Cool. I'm comparing the price to what the rest of the market does. I got Avadon - The Black Fortress five days ago for $2.50 (D2D). They got my impulse buy.

Lets put this sale into my perspective for a moment. It's a %50 sale off full retail price of a 2d isometric game with ~15 year old graphics/gameplay, 18 months after release, during the holidays where there will be many other games with much greater percentage sales and production values.

I'm not trolling here. My original post was on-topic. I didn't find the sale price very enticing and I'm entitled to that opinion. I even made a helpful suggestion that the price should be lower in my armchair opinion. Maybe you are right and I'd find the game a blast. I did try the demo when the game came out and found it rather fun but not worth $25 by a long shot.

IMO, the game was worth $10 on release day. It's now worth at the extreme most, $5.

I didn't say it wasn't a sale. I said it's not much of a sale. It's been a year and a half since it came out? I'm comparing it to other sales out there, such as Steam sales where I just got Mass (console) Effect 2 for $5 and I think it came out about the same time (few months earlier).
I think this is a sale that is targeted at fans of indie publishers who don't mind paying what they think is a fair price in order to ensure that the next installment of the series will get made.

If you just want cheap, buy the games on Steam. Eschalon Book I is $3.75 there, Eschalon Book II $5.00.

Back
Top Bottom