Skyrim - SkyUI Mod

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Understandably, Skyrim UI mods are going to be popular, so this one might be worth a look. SkyUI offers the following, with the Inventory currently done:
The following sections give an overview of what's included so far, as well as what we plan to address next.Since improving the whole UI is a big undertaking, we release one menu at a time as we make progress.

• Blending features in as good as possible - players shouldn't feel reminded that they're using a mod.
  • Great customization support by using a separate configuration file.
  • Easy installation and setup by providing a user-friendly installer with the Nexus Mod Manager.
  • Finding a good balance between 'dumbed down' and 'information overkill'.

Further general objectives and design concepts are:
It is not our goal to re-create the complete interface from scratch. Instead we try to identify and change areas that need improvement, while leaving the things that are already good alone.
We do all that while keeping true to the style of the original UI, so new and old components are integrated seamlessly.
SkyUI is mod that aims to improve Skyrim's User Interface by making it easier to use with mouse and keyboard, less wasteful of available screen space and nicer to look at.
More information.

Looks awesome. Is it safe to use ?
No crushes , overwriting save games, screwing crafting skills ?

Looks very good indeed.... Can't wait until a few months after the Creation Kit is released.

I'm trying that right now with my Bosmer assassin, and it's definitely a huge improvement over vanilla UI: it's more compact, nicer customizables fonts, items organised by category with relative icons, and most of all, search function, which is the best feature it has imho.
Still, some things have to be implemented still, like the magic/shouts menu, and I hope the favorites menu too.
All that I can say is: just install it, you won't regret ;). Now, if they just could do a mod that gives quests description and no more quest markers, just like good Morrowind days, that'll be awesome indeed.

PC version of Skyrim FTW!

UIMod with the magic mod improvements fix 2 of my problems with the game.

Don't have enough time to play today, but when I saw this pic:

c28e38c09bbd707794e31ee84496f4ce.jpg

I'm installing it later. Definetly!

To me it's too soon for mods. Most likely there are going to be a good number of patches coming down the pike, each one likely to break mods. I've shelved Skyrim for now. I'll take a look at the situation again maybe in Feb. or March. But good to know there are people out there working on UI mods as it is unlikely that Bethesda will ever make a proper UI for the PC version.

To me it's too soon for mods. Most likely there are going to be a good number of patches coming down the pike, each one likely to break mods.

I agree, I'm still enjoying the hell out of the vanilla game. I'm sure there are going to be some great mods, but I will wait until after the first few official patches before installing any mods that use SKSE.

Ditto. I'm using a few texture mods, but that's it for now. After some time, I'll play again and raid the Nexus.

Crappy UI and destruction magic spells not scaling with level. :/

Regarding spell scaling, if you search the Nexus you'll find many mods that alter Destruction to scale with skill/level, as well as rebalancing it, changing perks etc.

I am not going to pay upwards of 50 bucks for a half baked game...
I own Oblivion and paid for it after it became SOMEWHAT stable out of the box...
That being said, Ill also pay for the Skyrim, once it seems stable, and or the Devs fix their shite...
Questions
1-Can I patch my downloaded pirate game?
It is a valid question, and please hold the flames...
I do plan on paying for this once I decide I WANT IT...
2nd Question... if I dont have Steam, can mods be applied?
We do have options and I will support the manufacturers, once they deliver on their promises...

It is not half baked. It has bugs, some sloppiness, but nothing serious (at least for me so far). That's poor justification for stealing, as is just about any other reason...

Back
Top Bottom