VtM: Bloodlines - Unofficial Patch v7.9

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It's hard to believe this hasn't morphed into another game entirely after all this work from Wesp...Unofficial Patch for Vampire: Bloodlines has hit v7.9 - details and files from the Patches Scrolls:
v7.9 22.11.2011
----
+Restored Giovanni spirit, video victim and fifty five scenery props.
+Changed condition for forklift sequence and restored Protean icons.
+Added option to send Gimble to Vandal and a museum panel inspection.
+Restored final two music pieces, thanks to Malkav and Rik Schaffer.
Corrected Romero not mailing and Vandal not giving additional lines.
Fixed chandelier and camera rod textures and drinking glasses clip.
Removed newspaper from downtown in basic and fixed minor map issues.
Added Packfile Explorer 3.9 to Extras folder, thanks to Dave Gaunt.
Fixed Hitman quest problem and restored lines of Lu Fang and Carson.
Repaired dancer behaviour at Confession and added it for Glaze too.
Restored Blood Hunt music, ballroom shaft of light and Sin Bin sign.
More information.

Well in all fairness if he would stop tweaking the game he would stop breaking things thus he wouldn't have to 'patch' his own bugs. Rather then continuing to change the game I do not see the issue with just fixing the core bugs that came with the game and adding the removed content content. It seems the last few years it hasn't been about that but modding the game to his liking.

Its less of a 'patch' or 'restore lost content' and more of a 'what I think BL should be mod'. Which is fine, all the power to him. But IMO its disingenuous to label this as a 'patch/removed content update'. It is simply a personal mod at this point.

There is also the "true patch," for those, usually including myself, who want something closer to the original devs' vision realized. It's a tribute to his love for this particular game, which I share to at least some degree.

Roll on, Wesp, I say. The monkey salutes you.

This is pretty amazing, wtg Wesp!

In case some of you aren't paying attention, Wesp ( Bloodlines Unofficial Patch ) is fully restoring the Library cut from the game, across from the Ventrue Tower. Wesp and Malkav ( Camarilla Edition ) have been working overtime. Wesp even contacted Brian Mitsoda ( Dead State ) on the details of the cut content!

TBR in version 8.0! :party2:

Well in all fairness if he would stop tweaking the game he would stop breaking things …….
In all fairness, you have no idea what your talking about.

Oh look, someone brought up true patch, how quaint. :devilish:

So all these tweaks I have seen in the change logs to XP gain edits, item placement changes, NPC dialog changes, quest edits, NPC location changes, etc have ALL been my imagination. Ok then...

Guy loves a game and works to improve it - offering said work to those who may want it. Bitching about it = not impressive.

Back
Top Bottom