Skyrim - Legendary Edition Available Now

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In a short mail Bethesda let us know that the Skyrim Legendary Edition is available now.
We’re pleased to announce that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® Legendary Edition is now available in retail stores across North America for $59.99.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition includes the original critically-acclaimed game, official add-ons – Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn – and added features like combat cameras, mounted combat, Legendary difficulty mode for hardcore players, and Legendary skills – enabling you to master every perk and level up your skills infinitely.
More information.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Um… Wait… I already have Bugrim and am not interested in DLC. But… Some things are fresh in this release?

No skillcaps? Yea, I really want to turn my character into a demigod, sure, can't wait!
Oh, combat cameras? That alone is definetly worth $60.
Mounted combat? It's christmas! Can't even describe how excited I am about it.

Must finish current games before I buy this.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Um… Wait… I already have Bugrim and am not interested in DLC. But… Some things are fresh in this release?

No skillcaps? Yea, I really want to turn my character into a demigod, sure, can't wait!

That stuff became available with the most recent patch. If a person already has the game, dlc's, and most recent patches, i really don't know why someone would buy this. There isn't anythin new. Unless i'm missing something.

Good. I've been waiting for this before buying the game. Now for it to hit <$30

Anyone know what's included in the boxed version of this? I'm curious if there's any extras. - i.e. map, etc.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You do realize you don't have to buy the legendary edition to get the things added in the patches right? This is your standard compilation edition totaling less than the cost of the game+all dlc individually - no reason to act like it's anything else.

Last edited:
A few months ago I walked to a woman who works in a bookshop … She told me that she was playing Skyrim for a year now … (On the PS3.)

Cool story, bro.

Now, if I wanted to buy all the DLC, is it cheaper to buy this or the DLC separately? Probably should wait for a DLC sale, I imagine....

Cool story, bro.

Now, if I wanted to buy all the DLC, is it cheaper to buy this or the DLC separately? Probably should wait for a DLC sale, I imagine….

DLC current cost: $45 ($20 + $20 + $5).
Legendary current cost: $60

Hmm...Legendary edition is considerably cheaper in the UK, especially from Amazon.

Legendary edition (Amazon): £19.99

Legendary edition (Steam): £29.99

Game+DLCs: £14.99 (base game)+£13.99 (Dragonborn)+£3.49 (Hearthfire)+£13.99 (Dawnguard) = £46.46

Hmm…Legendary edition is considerably cheaper in the UK, especially from Amazon.

Legendary edition (Amazon): £19.99

Legendary edition (Steam): £29.99

Game+DLCs: £14.99 (base game)+£13.99 (Dragonborn)+£3.49 (Hearthfire)+£13.99 (Dawnguard) = £46.46

Wow, I thought that was a typo when I first read it but yeah the amazon uk price is basically 50% off the current US steam price. That is pretty significant and usually they seem to err on the side of overcharging people after currency conversion if anything.

I think it's a pity they didn't collect a few favorite mods, pay the authors off, and bundle them with the console versions. There are plenty of mods that wouldn't work because of copyright, nudity (maybe), graphics, or just a mess of authors to pay but I bet they could have snagged some nice ones. Console gamers are people, too! (Well, near enough.)

You do realize you don't have to buy the legendary edition to get the things added in the patches right? This is your standard compilation edition totaling less than the cost of the game+all dlc individually - no reason to act like it's anything else.

Joxer has taken his experience with bugs in Skyrim very, very personally. So, he mentions how super buggy it is in every single thread dealing with the game. It's not like we all got it the first ten thousand times - about how Bethesda is deliberately ignoring his particular issues - just to spite him ;)

I think it's a pity they didn't collect a few favorite mods, pay the authors off, and bundle them with the console versions. There are plenty of mods that wouldn't work because of copyright, nudity (maybe), graphics, or just a mess of authors to pay but I bet they could have snagged some nice ones. Console gamers are people, too! (Well, near enough.)

Most of the popular mods require 3rd party software that consoles can't use. Also, if there are multiple mods, the user has to be able to adjust the load order so the mods don't conflict. Consoles can't do that either.

Back
Top Bottom