Guild Wars 2 - The Story So Far

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GamingIllustrated Editor Daniel Weinell has a new article talking about Guild Wars 2, and the currrent state of the MMO.

On the surface, Guild Wars 2 may look like other MMO’s, but beneath the surface lies a vastly different gameplay experience. The staples are all there: leveling up, gaining new abilities, teaming with friends and delving into dungeons. However, it is how all of this content is presented that sets it apart. ArenaNet has done a wonderful job of creating a truly living and evolving world. There is no better time to start a journey into the world of Tyria – in fact, the more time that passes, the more content will disappear.

Guild Wars 2 was an amazing game at launch and it is getting better and better as time goes on. In another year, the world may look completely different. ArenaNet has already revealed some of what the future will hold. New skills and traits will be added to the game in the coming year. They want to flesh out existing content by added more dynamic events, improving dungeons, and adding new ways to reward players. Crafting will improve as well as legendary weapons. It is an exciting time to be an adventurer in the world of Tryia.
More information.

I am the guy at rpgwatch who comments on Guild Wars 2 posts. So although I have nothing in particular to say in this case...

Support Kiel, the super nice Lionguard!
Ignore Evon, the evil Black Lion Trading Company CEO!

Question- has this game become more populated? I played several months back as a cat-creature, and the starting zone was almost completely devoid of other players. The human zone was full.

Has it filled out?

Question- has this game become more populated? I played several months back as a cat-creature, and the starting zone was almost completely devoid of other players. The human zone was full.

Has it filled out?

I'm on Tarnished Coast, the server with the highest population (note: I played on that server since the first beta weekend) and I always see other players in every zones. Of course some have less, but it was like that at release anyway. Players are either in the low level zones or the highest level ones.

Queensdale is popular because human is like twice as popular as any of the other races and that zone has a lot of champions on short timers (good for your monthly!). I would say that the population increased as well, but TC gets a lot of visitors since that feature was enabled.

The game has a good population for a modern MMO (no game today is what WoW was in its time).

The non-human races are underplayed (unfortunate since their stories are better) and many longstanding players hang out either in the PvP zones or the dungeons.

One huge thing the game is still lacking is a decent LFG tool. Everybody uses the website gw2lfg.com to find groups - once you do that, it's no problem to find people.

I play regularly on Darkhaven, but I tend to play in bursts. Right now I'm taking a break.

I like the game alot but Im SOOO TIRED of Grinding for money just to upgrade my armor and such....

Back
Top Bottom