Wasteland 2 - Preview @ VentureBeat

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
VentureBeat has a preview of Wasteland 2 from a visit to the studio, and also talks with Brain Fargo.

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. — The offices above Jack’s Surfboards here are an unlikely place for a video game developer, especially one who has been around for decades like Brian Fargo. But the darkened offices above the surf shop are as good a place as any to stage a revolution in games. The place is just a short walk from one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

“It’s a video game company, and you can design them anywhere,” Fargo said in an interview with GamesBeat. “So we might as well set up in a place where my people want to be. My guys can walk on the beach or go surfing at lunch.”

He recently announced that the role-playing game Wasteland 2 will be delayed about six weeks and debut in October, in part because the game has become a lot more ambitious in the wake of its succcessful $2.9 million crowdfunding in April 2012. But he believes the company will make good on its goal of pleasing its backers. Just one look around the spartan office — which is littered with images created by fans — shows that Fargo isn’t spending the money lavishly.
More information.

"Debut in October"? According to the latest Kickstarter update they will begin beta testing in October.
Suppose it won't be available before christmas.

"Debut": a first public appearance. It's technically correct, even if the public it's appearing to in October is a small subset of its eventual intended audience.

Imho a small subset of the public is not the public. ;)

But that's splitting hairs. :)

Damn, I truly envy Thomas. He sees it all first hand. That Dutchie got one hell of a job !!

Back
Top Bottom