Dead State - Post-Funding Update #34

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Double Bear Productions has posted the next post-funding update forDead State with a new video, and announces the game will be available on Steam Early Access.

Demo Video Update

A look at works in progress and some more information on the demo.

If you have any questions, let us know on the forums. We will have at least one more update before the demo is released, letting everyone know how to get access to it and about when it will be live. Thanks for your patience - it will be worth the wait!
More information.

Last edited:
Looking better and better :)

Hmm a short demo would not be too spoilerific would it? I think I will be checking it out at least a bit…

P.S I didn't know you could play as a dog :eek: ;)
P.S 2: I like the music piece ( and the rest on his playlist) I wonder what occasion/location it covers though (sounds a bit tame for combat ? not that I would mind too much. End credits music? :) )…

Last edited:
Early access? How unprecedented. Looking good though, can't wait.

Last edited:
I knew they would go for Stream Early Access. As hinted by the buidling of a demo. Why release a demo to backers since they backed the game anyway? They need no demo to see to see how things work. All they need is the product to be released.

For some time, it destroys the KS argument, indie argument etc of no DRM included.
Going to be on Steam.
So much for the supposed ethics held by small businesses compared to big business.

In the short life span of that KS stuff and early access Steam, indies and co dig a grave to big bussiness.

Well I think you are being a bit harsh on them. It is just much easier for a comapny to run an alpha/beta on steam than any previous method (ala early access). And for a small developer it allows critical feedback duing development. I really think it is a good system. It begs the question if they will allow a drm free version on final release but some companies are doing this (larian had 'early' access on steam - they called it beta - of DC) but you could still get the final copy drm free - the beta copy 'expired' at the end of the beta period. I'm not sure how it works with steam with regards to $$$ but it seems that for small developers steam is being extermely helpful relative to the old method of using a traditional publisher.

I had some doubts anything was ever going to come of this back when it was first announced, but it's looking promising :)

One of the few KS projects I regreted not backed, someone knows if they're pretending to launch in GOG too?

@you - they have promised a DRM free version on release. I have yet to see a KS game that didn't.

@you - they have promised a DRM free version on release. I have yet to see a KS game that didn't.
I already saw some projects which never promised a DRM-free version, and not all those who promises includes GOG in their releases, some sells only through their sites or sometimes the Humble Store...

This from from Brian back in Sept.

Quote from: Lugi on September 22, 2013, 03:08:27 AM
Hey guys, first time poster here. I just had a question about the preorder from your site. Will it be a direct download from you guys or will you be able to select which digital distribution service want it from upon release (obviously from a list you've provided). I sure would love to have this game on GOG.

Take care.

The pre-order is a direct download when the game is released. The only other distribution that we have announced at this time is Steam. We will be able to offer people activation on Steam if they pre-ordered the game.

There's a recent thread on their forums asking about a GOG release but so far no response from Brian.

That is a massive improvement from the last video which looked pretty bad.Makes me a bit happier I supported it.

Back
Top Bottom