Elder Scrolls V: Skywind - Call of the East Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
You may recall my post about a mod called Skywind for Morrowind. In case you forgot the mod seeks to remake Morrwind with the engine of Skyrim. The developers of the mod have released a new trailer called Call of the East.

I am pleased to announce the new official trailer for Skywind. The entire video is based off of the official Skyrim launch trailer. Footage in this video does not reflect the final product. A huge thanks to everyone working on this project and making it become a reality. For more information, please visit http://morroblivion.com/
More information.

Last edited:
I just don't know where these guys get the motivation to do this but it looks pretty good.

Looks great - no question about that! and the morrowind theme music really gets heart bumping :)

Visually they nailed it, but I wonder how they plan to implement all quests, factions, dungeons and npcs. It won't be easy..scripting and rewriting dialogs etc. I wonder if it is possible to import some of that stuff directly from morrowind to skyrim.

Anyhow I raise my hat for the effort and wish them luck.

Edit: ah, here is some info about that: http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-development/2817

1. Q: What IS Skywind exactly?

A: It is a non-commercial, fan made modification for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that seeks to merge the amazing world of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with the enhanced graphics and capabilities of Skyrim's engine.

While ownership of both games is required to play, the player only actually plays Skywind using the Skyrim game, and not the older Morrowind game. This means that the user interface, combat, graphics, and system requirements for the Skywind mod are all those of Skyrim, and NOT Morrowind.

2. Q: What do I need to run Skywind?

A: You will need a copy of TES III: Morrowind, including the Bloodmoon and Tribunal expansions installed correctly on your system. Plus TES V: Skyrim of course. The exact files that you will need to run, as well as the instructions you should follow to install can be located on The Official Installation Instruction Thread.

3. Q:. Will Skywind be complete with quests, or will it only feature the Morrowind landscape?

A: As of now, Skywind mostly just consists of landscape and static meshes, but we are currently working on getting all of the quests, npcs, weapons, creatures, etc. working correctly, and they should all be available by the final release. Remember though that we have a limited team, and if you want to see a particular feature faster then join and help work on it.

Morrowind is so grey and brown, it's like 10x more grey and brown with the Skyrim engine.

I remember trying Morroblivion, I will probably try this one.

Yeah, it really looks great. But, like Dez, I do wonder if it they will ever be able finish this project...

Back
Top Bottom