Pantheon - Kickstarter Updates 2&3

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Visionary Realms has two new updates for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.

Update #2 - What's Coming and What's Needed

We've passed the 90k mark and are headed to the first big milestone of 100k! You all deserve great commendations for that and for your continued support in this project.

But we're not done yet. We still have a ways to go and we have to reach out again for your help. We are reaching out to all of our channels, but we're only 10 people. Our backers, however, have us outnumbered by a large margin, and that right now is Pantheon's single biggest chance of success—you.

So what we're asking from you now is to reach deep into your contacts list and send a heads up to anyone and everyone you know as to what's happening here with Pantheon. There's nothing, absolutely nothing, that reaches as far nor as effectively as word of mouth. We can hit all the spots where eyes are looking, but if the eyes aren't looking there then we cannot reach them. Think about old friends you used to play MMOs with, or the second cousin who was into gaming as a teen, or even the neighbor who always showed interest in your gaming and has always wanted to check it out. Maybe the guy at the barber shop who talks to you about the games they play would want to hear about it. Everyone you think would have an interest in making this happen needs to know, and we all have to find them.
Update #3 - Community Q&A Video.

Prior to Kickstarter launch, we asked Twitter followers to send us their questions about the game. The response was overwhelming! So much, in fact, that we've had to separate the videos into three separate videos. Today we answer more of those questions with our second Community Q&A video.
More information.

Last edited:
Someone said in another thread here this may have "grind" due to its old school focus. Someone else asked and this is what the dev had to say…

I'm not disagreeing, but let me add this: the game will be challenging like EQ 1 was. But:

1. We don't think challenging = tedious. So there will be very little content that you need to, say, camp for 8 hours. There will be very little 'grinding' where you're sitting there doing the same thing over and over again, bored out of your mind.

2. A lot of EQ 1 players have grown up, found lives, wives, and a job. They still would like to play a challenging game, but they don't have time to camp something for hours, or to try to do a dungeon that takes 4 hours to go through. One of the many things we are doing to address this issue is to make, say, a huge dungeon, but have multiple areas where it's safe to log off. That way the group or guild can enter a dungeon, fight there way down to a certain point, log off, and then return the next day. There will also be ways for a group that is already into the dungeon to teleport people from the entrance to that dungeon down to them. Pantheon is extremely group oriented and so it's our responsibility to make it relatively easy to find groups, be added to a group, etc.

-Brad

point 2 is music to my ears since I am one those players who found lives, wife and a job but don't have the same amount of time as I did before...

I just hope they don't eliminate down-time. For some reason most MMOs treat it as the worst disease in the world. They just want you to fight, rest 2 seconds to recover full strength and mana, fight again. The best and most fun moments I had in EQ1 was during downtime, joking around, getting to know teammates, planning what to do next, etc. I actually get bored more quickly if all I do is fight, next fight, next fight.

I just hope they don't eliminate down-time. For some reason most MMOs treat it as the worst disease in the world. They just want you to fight, rest 2 seconds to recover full strength and mana, fight again. The best and most fun moments I had in EQ1 was during downtime, joking around, getting to know teammates, planning what to do next, etc. I actually get bored more quickly if all I do is fight, next fight, next fight.

Nothing to worry there since its being designed into the game from the outset. From the KS page,

A mindset that Designed Downtime should be a part of the game to ensure players have time to form important social bonds.

Like you say I also enjoyed those down time so glad to see its being designed into the game from the outset...

I'm really looking forward to an mmo in the future where grouping is fun again, and almost necessary. When and if I don't feel like grouping, I've got plenty of other games I can play at that time. May they stay true to the vision.

Back
Top Bottom