Elder Scrolls Online - Arrival Cinematic Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well it's cinematic trailer. The title explains everything you need to know. Go watch the videos from earlier this week if you want gameplay footage.^^

Their selling policy is a complete nonsense for me. 60€ for the basic edition, 80€ for the so called Imperial one... and a monthly fee of 13€ ! No way I will buy this to play early on.

Their selling policy is a complete nonsense for me. 60€ for the basic edition, 80€ for the so called Imperial one… and a monthly fee of 13€ ! No way I will buy this to play early on.

to be fair you can pre order/purchase now at 25% discount (GMG) but I am also going to skip it for now...

I'm a bit pissed at their blatant greed when it comes to the pre-order scheme, but I'm a big fan of the actual game.

I don't expect anything but whining around here, though. Clearly, ESO is a personal insult to anti-social singleplayer fans.

Bitching about not having gameplay in a cinematic trailer is par for the course ;)

That said, I think that trailer is too long - and I'm not quite sure what the point of it was. I don't think it had a good flow. The last trailer was fantastic, though.

Oh wow, that animation work was wonderful. Everything flew so naturally. I mean, big epic cinematics isn't anything new especially if you're a blizzard fan. But the animations themselves here were just brilliant.

Yes, I'm a sucker for animations…something I'd like to do myself one day :blush:

Yes, I'm a sucker for animations…something I'd like to do myself one day :blush:

There are courses you can take to learn that stuff :)

Even online tutorials that can get you started. I've messed around with it myself for my own game, using Blender.

Can't claim to be good at it, but I've picked up a trick or two.

There are courses you can take to learn that stuff :)

Even online tutorials that can get you started. I've messed around with it myself for my own game, using Blender.

Can't claim to be good at it, but I've picked up a trick or two.

Schooled it for a short time, sadly can't make any claims myself either x)

I am pretty stoked for this game. I have a feeling it will be on my PS4 for quite some time.

It's funny DArt... for a guy who likes to make long winded posts about "heart of the matter", "objectivity" and being a "realist", whenever ESO is mentioned, you sound just like an average fanboy.

It's funny DArt… for a guy who likes to make long winded posts about "heart of the matter", "objectivity" and being a "realist", whenever ESO is mentioned, you sound just like an average fanboy.

Are you used to fanboys openly criticising market schemes and declaring themselves pissed about blatant greed from their idols, then? Are fanboys the kind of people who'd say that the latest trailer from their (supposedly) favorite game has a bad flow and makes little sense?

Interesting.

In any case, if genuinely liking a game and supporting it in threads full of irrational negativity makes me an average fanboy - then I count myself fortunate to claim it.

Not that your comment is something I'd confuse with an objective observation :)

If you want fanboys - you should go check out the official forums, where I've been attacking ZOS for the way they're handling the faction "unlock" and the Imperial Edition travesty.

You might learn what that word really means.

I agree with DArtagnan. I am looking forward to this game and will pre-order to get the 5 day head start. But some of the things they are doing does seem like a money grab and I think they are doing this because development costs are so high. They have messed up on the "faction unlock" and it will be interesting if any of the higher ups will admit it.

A lot of people on this site hate MMO's and I can understand that. But to just say a game sucks because you do not like the genre does not offer any insight. I do not play with Barbie Dolls so do you think I would ever go to the Barbie forums and talk about how much I hate their dolls? :)

This is an RPG site, first and foremost, not an MMO site. OK. There. :)

This does seem excessively expensive though. Wow. I hope you guys like it as much as the last excessively expensive game that hit the streets from Blizzard…

I'm a bit pissed at their blatant greed when it comes to the pre-order scheme, but I'm a big fan of the actual game.

I don't expect anything but whining around here, though. Clearly, ESO is a personal insult to anti-social singleplayer fans.

Bitching about not having gameplay in a cinematic trailer is par for the course ;)

That said, I think that trailer is too long - and I'm not quite sure what the point of it was. I don't think it had a good flow. The last trailer was fantastic, though.

Hey, I'm an anti-social singleplayer fan but I'm a Bethesda fanboy. I'm confused as to how I should treat every post about ESO. Am I to bash or gush? Please advise ;)

Game and marketing con jobs connected with it are two different things DArt. It's possible to like the first and dislike the other.
Are you used to fanboys openly criticising market schemes and declaring themselves pissed about blatant greed from their idols, then?
"I'm a bit pissed at their blatant greed when it comes to the pre-order scheme" - what a devastating criticism! Sorry man! I was SO wrong!
Can you give me few examples of this deluge of whinning and personal insult claims? Somebody is disappointed that the trailer doesn't show gameplay and you call it "bitching"?
You see bugbears where there are none. You circled your wagons, nailed your long johns to the mast and are ready for a siege with no enemy in sight. That's a true mark of a fanboy my friend.

Last edited:
Game and marketing con jobs connected with it are two different things DArt. One like the first and dislike the other.

Wow, and you consider yourself competent to talk about fanboys? You don't know much about how they work, do you.

"I'm a bit pissed at their blatant greed when it comes to the pre-order scheme" - what a devastating criticism! Sorry man! I was SO wrong!

Are you saying you haven't even bothered to read the other threads about this game - and you tell yourself this thread is the only one I'm using as an example of irrational positions? Please don't tell me you're that inexperienced with how opinions are formed.

Anyway:

Is there some reason I should consider your biased take on my appreciation of a game and the dismissal of it by irrational minds important enough to bother?

You need to display a somewhat more genuine and neutral disposition for me to go to the trouble of pointing out more of plenty examples. Otherwise, I'd just be talking to a wall of bias.

You could start out by giving me a logical explanation of why someone would expect GAMEPLAY footage in a CINEMATIC trailer. Considering an extensive gameplay video has just been released and announced here, you don't think that's a little bit misplaced?

If you can manage that and try not to take the bugbears you're making up about me too seriously, we'll see about me bothering to dig up more, now that you can't bother reading threads yourself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom