Unsung Story - Update# 11, Design Insight

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Playdek has a new update for Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians with a new Q&A session with video game designer Yasumi Matsuno.

This is the meat behind what we have been revealing. He is happy to see all of your great interest and support, and this is what he wanted to reveal to you, the fans, in his words. He looks forward to your feedback and comments. It is important to note that these details are still being fully conceptualized and designed, so some of the information he is sharing with you today is subject to change; but if/when that happens we will be sure to let you know so you can stay on top of the development of the game.

We will continue to work on some more great updates for you and will continue to release more and more information as time goes on. Our creative juices are pumping and we are so excited to be able to work on this amazing project, and it wouldn’t be possible without you guy all there supporting us, so thank you!

Please continue to keep your ideas and suggestions coming because everything you say is being read and who knows, you may have the next great idea we implement into the game!
More information.

My concern is the game won't be anywhere near as good as Tactics Ogre or FFT. I see the appeal of creating a new game harkening to the greats of the past, but realistically, TO and FFT were both made by such brilliant teams of developers at just the right time. I can't shake the feeling that Unsung Story is fueled 90% by nostalgia rather than true design vision.

And the fact that they are doing the episodic thing...with maybe 6 scenarios per episode...well that's just like a tidbit of gaming. FFT had about 70 maps and Tactics Ogre had over a 100 I believe.

I just wish Matsuno had teamed up with a proven development team rather than a questionable mobile company...I hope I'm proven wrong.

Sounds interesting enough. I hope there is a class, maybe the Tamer class, that is able to recruit enemy monsters. It was sweet to be able to recruit a party of hydras in Final Fantasy Tactics.

Oh, and hidden (or not so hidden) characters that you're able to recruit. This is a must. It was awesome in both FFT and Tactics Ogre to recruit awesome, unique characters that you grew attached to over the course of your battles.

I wouldn't mind permadeath, either.

Brumbek, I am right there with you.
The game will be developed for Ios/android/windows freakin tablets/pc/linux and mac with the 600000 base goal.
How good of a game can it be with that kind of fund distribution.
I backed this one initially but I dropped it after telling Playdek that the most funded projects were the ones that convinced us they wanted to make the best game they possibly could for the PCs with the money they would get.Not reach as wide an audience as possible.

The game is pretty close to getting funded. They should start another marketing push.

Thanks to Aubrielle for the news.

The game is pretty close to getting funded. They should start another marketing push.

Thanks to Aubrielle for the news.
Aubrielle sent news of the last update Gorath not this one. I already thanked her, but it doesn't hurt to do so again. I appreciate what she sends in.^^

Link- http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=25497

To get back on topic I hope the game gets funded.:fingerscrossed:

Brumbek, I am right there with you.
The game will be developed for Ios/android/windows freakin tablets/pc/linux and mac with the 600000 base goal.
How good of a game can it be with that kind of fund distribution.
I backed this one initially but I dropped it after telling Playdek that the most funded projects were the ones that convinced us they wanted to make the best game they possibly could for the PCs with the money they would get.Not reach as wide an audience as possible.

Well to be fair, they have said from the very beginning that the tablet versions will still happen even if their KS fails. They are confident that they already have enough of their own money (from the sale of their previous iOS games) to make the game on those platforms. The $600K from Kickstarter would be used to optimize the game for PC / Mac / Linux and improve expand the game. It wouldn't be their only source of funding though.

I think the order of the stretch goals is the problem. Originally things that would enhance the game like expanded soundtrack, voice-overs, new game+, additional team members all came before console ports… However, people who really wanted console versions whined so they shifted the order of the stretch goals. Doesn't really matter at this point though since it looks like they'll just barely hit the base goal, if that.

Back
Top Bottom