Zaharia - Update# 4, The world of Zaharia

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Inner Void Interactive has posted the fourth upate for Zaharia that goes into detail about the world of Zaharia. Funding is still low, but the game still has 22 days left.

The world of Zaharia

We want to share with you some details about the world of Zaharia, from our first dev. diary.

We worked hard to realize a fresh and original experience, which will stand out from the classic fantasy clichés, and we finally managed to realize the Zaharian Empire. Its name comes from a huge region called Zaharia, whose people share the same culture and religion. This update will summarize the general setting of the game, while the next ones will analyze other important themes like religion, culture, magic and technology.

37c4b19f30808ea61ede5585db1b7b7e_large.jpg

As shown by the map, the Zaharian Empire is widely extended, so much that allows a great variety of weather and geographical conditions. This is the reason why every settlement will be characterized in a different way, depending on its position. A great part of the Empire is settled down in the coast, where the mediterranean climate and the huge availability of water facilitate the agriculture activity. Fields and forests will cover these landscapes, while the hinterland presents impressive mountain chains with frigid climate, especially during Winter. Beyond the mountains, climate gets drier and water starts missing, until the territory becomes desertic and inhospitable. Despite that, a lot of settlements manage to survive in these barren areas, which are full of mineral resources that can be exported to get all the necessary supplies, rather hard to find in other ways.

The Zaharian Empire counts more than 30 million people, but not everyone belongs to the Zaharian culture and ethnic groups, since many of them are immigrants coming from other nations. This leads the region to be a social melting-pot, with a deep interaction between cultures and a multitude of different way of seeing religion and society.
More information.

If I find an old lamp with a genie inside, I swear my first wish is for this game to get properly funded!

But for now I will just plan on upping my pledge soon :)

Looks very ambitious for the budget, even if they were to get to their Kickstarter target. Nice to see an original setting though.

That's probably true, but in this case Inner Void at least has much of the groundwork done. While many Kickstarter game projects had only some concept art and ideas, Inner Void actually has a working prototype.

The prototype is still rough but shows a lot of promise. The graphics are nice, it wasn't very buggy, (everything seems to work as intended) It's missing a lot of features (as they note in Update #1) and of course needs better proofreading since English isn't the developer's first language, but for a pre-alpha demo I was very impressed. I think they could make a pretty damn good game with a budget of about $200K.

Then I hope they have a plan B to get these $200k...

Back
Top Bottom