Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms - A New ARPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is the sequel to the ARPG Kult: Heretic Kingdoms. It is being developed by Games Farm, and published by bitComposer Games.

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms -The demon age has begun

Eschborn, February 27, 2014: bitComposer and Games Farm today announced Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, a new action RPG to be released on PC in late 2014. In Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, the mortal realm is on the brink of destruction, with humanity's only hope resting in the hands of a soul-devouring demon.

Following the events of hack 'n' slash RPG Kult: Heretic Kingdoms, a dark shadow has once again fallen over the world. The core element of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms is its internally conflicted main character and the associated unique party system. Players must assume the role of the Devourer, a mighty demon who can travel back and forth between the human and shadow world, devouring the souls of his enemies. Seamlessly switching between the Devourer and up to three party members, each with their own special abilities, provides strategic depth in battle, while switching between worlds also allows players to outwit their opponents in battle, avoiding traps and solving puzzles along the way.

A shadow lies across the world, and the Devourer is the only one who can defeat this rising threat. It is now up to players to decide whether they save the world from this dark threat or leave it to its fate.
More information.

I completed Kult:Heretic kingdoms less than month ago, game definitively deserved more attention than it got.I hope they keep main gameplay features of previous game, jumping in and out of dreamworld at will and attunement system(which was good but need some work).
I am looking forward to sequel, probably instant buy for me.

Also while Kult is aRPG it's more similar to Divine Divinity than Diablo.

Bah… haven't forgotten about Chaos Chronicles. It may not have been bitComposers fault alone, but they aren't blameless for sure. :( *grumble*

I loved Heretic Kingdoms and Chris Bateman is a good dude. He had emailed me about the upcoming game a while back but was under an NDA and couldn't say much. Glad to see these guys back at work.

Better late than never ;)

I too liked the first one, though I have my doubts this will have much beyond a name in similarity. Still, if the price is right and the reviews aren't god-awful, I'll be picking this up.

Now, if someone would only release The Fall - Last Days of Gaia in English, my list of "WTF HAPPENED" European titles would be cleared.

I loved Heretic Kingdoms and Chris Bateman is a good dude. He had emailed me about the upcoming game a while back but was under an NDA and couldn't say much. Glad to see these guys back at work.

Then I'm glad to tell you that we will feature a guest appearance of Chris on the Shadows Dev Blog tomorrow! ;)

Better late than never ;)
I too liked the first one, though I have my doubts this will have much beyond a name in similarity. Still, if the price is right and the reviews aren't god-awful, I'll be picking this up.

I cannot tell you much, but I can say this: you can let go of your doubts :)

meh.. from what I know about the parent game, I'm interested

but that trailer is so unappealing.. setting narrator meh fantasy

I am surprised to see a sequel. The original game was decent enough, but it didn't seem to generate much attention in the games market.

Hopefully this one will be less linear.

I bought the original game back when it was released, but never finished it. I re-bought it on GOG just to have a digital backup, and did complete it finally.

I will be crossing my fingers as I'm always disappointed by sequels.:fingerscrossed:

PS- (Please don't turn your game into what Deep Silver has done to Sacred 3)

Kult: Heretic Kingdoms was a really good game. Big plus was the attractive female main character.

IMHO the game had an interesting lore, an engaging storyline, but suffered from underdeveloped game mechanics.

AFAIK the story was written by someone external and forced upon the engine late in the development process.

I wrote the review for the site when Kult was released and I really liked the game. I'm keen to see this progress as I too was disappointed by the general response to the original. Good luck guys and keep us in the loop!!

Still haven't gotten around to play the first game, even though I bought it when it was new. Maybe one day.. =)

It will stand on its own merits sine Kult was played by relatively few. It's a good concept so with the right mechanics it should be a good game. I'm in.

I just wanted to let you guys know that we have released Chris Bateman's Dev Blog contribution to Shadows. The third part of his series, "Kult Post-Mortem (3): From Tom Baker to Release", can be found right here:
http://www.shadows-game.com/en/blog/BlogKultPostMortem-2014-02-28.php

The first post was released on Only-A-Game:
http://onlyagame.typepad.com/only_a_game/2014/02/kult-post-mortem-1-dead-gods-and-no-dwarves.html
and the second post on ihobo:
http://blog.ihobo.com/2014/02/kult-post-mortem-2-an-rpg-between-east-and-west.html

Back
Top Bottom