Morrowind - Rebirth Mod 2.7 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The team of modders who made the Morrowind Rebirth mod announce the release of a new updated version. You can find more information, and links on Mod BD.

[RELEASE] Morrowind Rebirth 2.7

After months of hard work 2.7 is finally ready for your enjoyment I never thought I'd manage to stop working on this beast (had way too much fun). I truly hope you will enjoy it! As always there's quite a massive wall of text down below. Be sure to let me know if you have any issues with 2.7! Enjoy.

The main focus of this patch has been to improve the general quality of the mod, meaning finishing a lot of stuff that has been neglected for far too long. You will notice both minor and major landscape improvements in several areas, especially in the Shegorad Region, but also in the Ascadian Isles and the Bitter Coast. You'll be able to enter some new places, that previously had no interior. A lot of time were also put into balancing. Several leveled-lists were recalculated so that high-end weapons/armor won't drop as often, and at higher levels than before. Some spells had their spell-cost reduced to make them more useful for low-level mages. Enchantments are now less overpowered and balanced. On top of all this you will also be able to obtain some new Dwemer weapons and enjoy some bugfixes!
More information.

Thanks for the heads up, Couch.

I was curious as to this mod's compatibility with the Morrowind Graphic Overhaul so I searched and found this on the Nexus Rebirth page:

MGSO and Morrowind Rebirth
Is Morrowind Rebirth compatible with MGSO (Morrowind Graphic and Sound Overhaul)? Yes and no. There's some things you need to do in order to avoid issues (though you may still experience some issues). Start by downloading MGSO. Follow the instructions provided in the download. Keep in mind that you need to tick the option in each flora region for "Custom Mod". When you're done, continue with Morrowind Rebirth. Extract the files to your Morrowind folder as stated in the Morrowind Rebirth readme, included in the download package. If you're told to "overwrite", press no (I've had a few people reporting that pressing "yes" might cause issues). If everything's gone smoothly, continue to the last step in the process and deactivate "grass". There's also three plugins which comes with MGSO that needs to be removed, "Poorly Placed Object Fix 1.2.esm", "Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 Beta (BTB Edit).esm" and "Animated Morrowind". That should be it.

Some of the screenshots look absolutely amazing. Added to my mental queue...

Looks great from a visual standpoint, but I prefer not to use mods that add fan-made items and monsters.

Looks great, but I prefer not to use mods that add fan-made items and monsters.
Well I understand but If I did that I would haven't any new armor in any Bethesda games I play. The standard armor gets boring after playing a game five times.:)
Thanks for the heads up, Couch.
No problem and thanks for the information about the compatibility problems.:thanks:

Well I understand but If I did that I would haven't any new armor in any Bethesda games I play. The standard armor gets boring after playing a game five times.

Amen brother :)

Looks great from a visual standpoint, but I prefer not to use mods that add fan-made items and monsters.

Not even lore-friendly ones? There are lore-friendly item mods in Skyrim that look like they absolutely belong in the game world.

Exactly!

It's not just items though it's monsters too, and fan-made creatures are almost never the same level of quality as those done by the developers.

Back
Top Bottom