JA:Flashback - Live on Steam Early Access

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Full Control announced in the latest post-funding update for Jagged Alliance: Flashback the games is now live on Steam Early Access. So here are some details from the update.

Jagged Alliance: Flashback Live on Steam Early Access

Dear Backers,

We would like to announce that we are now officially live on Steam Early Access!!

A big thanks to all of you for helping us get to this point, we are looking forward to your reactions as well as all of the feedback, suggestions and input you may have.

To start off the early access with a blast, we decided to make a kickass trailer in the spirit of the old games, to give both old and upcoming fans of the franchise a taste of the 80’s action themed atmosphere.

Let there be no doubt, we really want to add both cheesy, odd and humorous elements to this game.

Here's the link for the Steam Store Page

Roadmap for Early Access

What is currently in?

• The combat system (although not completely finished yet)
  • Quite a few sectors and mercenaries which are waiting for you
  • Some quests are in there as well
  • Daylight/Night cycle slightly influencing line of sight
  • Full features professional map editor and modable games + Steamworkshop integration
  • Probably lots of bugs we didn’t discover yet
What will follow?

That’s a tricky question. A lot would be the quick answer. We plan to have regular updates where we expand the world and the number of mercenaries. But these are “just” content updates. And as every true Jagged fan knows, content isn’t everything. Anyways: Expect such smaller updates more often. But don’t expect them to have lots of new features. Cause features will be added in far less often but much bigger updates.

Please keep in mind that the following list is not a list of promised features, but a list of what we want to add to the game. If we find that something on the list doesn’t fit like expected it will, it won’t go in. It may be added at a later point, but we have to prioritize our efforts.

The next big updated is scheduled for the very end of June, and is planned to include more advanced combat with more weapon classes, different ammo types and interrupts. Furthermore, we are itching to finally include grenades, explosions and destructible environments, as well as giving the strategic map more gameplay weight in regards to resource management.
More information.

I've been playing the demo today. It's a bit rough and incomplete still, but looks promising.

Ok the trailer made me smile. I think the goofy humor fits in well with the Jagged Alliance setting. As much as I want Guns, Guns, Guns, I might wait a bit to play this even though I have early access from backing the game. Hopefully these guys deliver on their promise, Yippie-Ki-Yay MotherFucker!

Still very early stage but it looks like they are on the very right track.

Cant seem to find when this game is gonna be releases?
Anyone has the knowledge?

Cant seem to find when this game is gonna be releases?
Anyone has the knowledge?
Going by the official date from the games kickstarter page it should be November 2014 of this year. Yet I have a feeling it might get delayed to early next year.

Best game trailer ever.

Game is looking decent, too.

Ok the trailer made me smile. I think the goofy humor fits in well with the Jagged Alliance setting. As much as I want Guns, Guns, Guns, I might wait a bit to play this even though I have early access from backing the game. Hopefully these guys deliver on their promise, Yippie-Ki-Yay MotherFucker!

+1 for you, I'm in the same situation and I have high hopes for this game as after JA 2.5 (and a bunch of great modes) none developer was successful in creating a working mix of strategy, humor, RPG elements and guns, guns, guns.... I'm glad that I backed this project, although in the middle of the KS campaign there were black clouds above this project, but miracles happen and it got funded...
Anyway I hope the wait will be worth it!

Nice trailer, brings back good memories. Think I'll wait on this one until release, I like my games complete.

That's some funny shit… I wonder how much they paid "the movie voice guy" to do that, though?

I played the beta a bit yesterday, and I agree with the first poster in this thread— it's still pretty rough. You basically can walk upright, crouch or go prone, shoot semi/auto and…. That's about it. For now.

Graphics look decent (enough) but the camera control needs some tweaking. I've also noticed some awkward dialogue, but I wonder if that's just a translation issue and not the writing itself.

Either way, I have no cause for concern yet, considering how very early it still is.

Way too expensive and as with WL2, the whole "we're ripping people off so we don't upset our backers" thing is really weak. There are lots of ea games, many with crowd funding backgrounds, that don't try to bleed players.

The whole idea with kickstarter is to fund development so the game dev *should* be paid for. More money for dev can't hurt, but pricing so high when the game is theoretically already funded seems very greedy (when you consider any copy SOLD beyond giving copies to backers is pure profit.

So as with WL2 it would've been an immediate purchase at a sane price but instead there's zero chance and have to wait for release. There are way too many great games at reasonable prices - no reason to get ripped off.

Bought!

Very nice, that you get a 15% discount, when you own "Expeditions: Conquistador", JA: Back in Action", or a few other choice titles.

Way too expensive and as with WL2, the whole "we're ripping people off so we don't upset our backers" thing is really weak. There are lots of ea games, many with crowd funding backgrounds, that don't try to bleed players.

The whole idea with kickstarter is to fund development so the game dev *should* be paid for. More money for dev can't hurt, but pricing so high when the game is theoretically already funded seems very greedy (when you consider any copy SOLD beyond giving copies to backers is pure profit.

So as with WL2 it would've been an immediate purchase at a sane price but instead there's zero chance and have to wait for release. There are way too many great games at reasonable prices - no reason to get ripped off.

It usually is just a temporary price hold, because damn if you do, damn if you don't. If you sell it too cheap, people will complain. Just wait a bit, usually like 2-4 weeks later the game goes on usual sales.

Going by the official date from the games kickstarter page it should be November 2014 of this year. Yet I have a feeling it might get delayed to early next year.

Ah, didnt seen that date on the kickpage, guess i am playing to much darksouls2 and lost focus in the read department.

Surprisingly good job they are doing compared to the meh Spacehulk.

Nice to see some progess - JA comes back!

Back
Top Bottom