Obsidian Entertainment - Interview @ IGN

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Obsidian Entertainment did a new video interview with IGN, and in one segmnent talk about still being interested in making Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3.

Obsidian Still Thinks About Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords developer Obsidian has admitted the company still regularly discusses ideas for a third entry in the franchise, with plenty of staff members interested in creating a follow-up.

Speaking to IGN about the upcoming Pillars of Eternity, project director Josh Sawyer and lead producer Brandon Adler explained Obsidian remains full of Star Wars fans, many of whom often hash out ideas for KOTOR 3.

"I think there are a lot of the people at the studio that would like to do Knights of the Old Republic 3," Sawyer says. "I think at that time LucasArts was really focused on what they considered to be extreme, extreme blockbusters and even though the Knights of the Old Republic series was pretty successful, it just never seemed like something that was going to happen at that time. Having said that, a lot of time has passed. I know there are a lot of people at the studio who are really interested in doing a project like that."

"It’s something that comes up every three to six months," Adler added. "We bring it up and talk about it. Not anything terribly serious, but we just say ‘wouldn’t it be cool if?’ and just develop some ideas for what we’d do with that stuff."

Following this, we asked about whether there was anything new to report on the Star Wars RPG set between Episodes III and IV that we heard about last year. While both Sawyer and Adler stressed they hadn't heard anything and it wasn't unusual for CEO Feargus Urquhart to pursue deals on his own, they both reiterated there are a lot of Star Wars fans at Obsidian, so whether its KOTOR 3 or a new title, the Disney-owned sci-fi brand remains an intellectual property the vast majority of the studio would still love to work on.
More information.

As do many fans....

Maybe they just need to Kickstart an IP effort that can encompass the best elements of the Star Wars mythos with it's space opera-ish fantasy themes? They could make some funds on just the book deals.

PoE could provide a starting framework... how about a Baldur's Gate in space!

how about a buldurs gate in present day LA

A kickstarter with the sole purpose of raising funds for Obsidian to buy out Jon van Canaghem's contract from EA to start work on a new First Person Blob series.

I guess Obsidian doing it is better than no one doing it, but I can only hope they keep Avellone away from the writing.

A kickstarter with the sole purpose of raising funds for Obsidian to buy out anything.
On that I'm instabacker.

But wait... How about a sole project of adding save anywhere feature in Alpha Protocol?
Instainstabacking!

Back
Top Bottom