Nordic Games - Spellforce 3 at Gamescom

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Nordic Games will be at Gamescom to show-off some new games, and according to a press release they will talk about the third game in the Spellforce series.

Hopefully they fund the development of a new engine this time.
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Behind closed doors… no, we're not talking about a dark room, but rather where we show first details on three exciting projects to selected media partners at this year's gamescom. To be precise, we are talking about the third installment of SpellForce, a compelling mix of RTS and RPG, where Nordic Games is proud to say that we will be working with some veterans of former developer Phenomic on the new project.
More information.

Last edited:
Just playing one or the many Spellforce 2s. Having a great time. Keen to see another in the series - I hope they keep the fundamental RPG/RTS mix. I'd like them to tweak the camera. You should be able to attach it to any unit. Preferably in windows :)

My bet is that the box cover will be a hot scantily clad woman (not that there's anything wrong with that)

This is a cool series, I liked both of the previous entries. I am curious though, the title of the game seems like something lost in translation, because this could be some educational spelling game by the title. Is there not dual definition of spell in the native language (isn't it german)?

Behind closed doors…

Translation : Business Area Only. No Public allowed.

This is a cool series, I liked both of the previous entries. I am curious though, the title of the game seems like something lost in translation, because this could be some educational spelling game by the title. Is there not dual definition of spell in the native language (isn't it german)?

I don't think anyone mistakes the title for a word game, in that case it should have been named spellingforce. And since "spelling" isn't used when we're talking about magic spells (dispelling is though) that would be a really weird name...

"spell" is no German word at all.
Sounds like a title designed by a marketing department to me.

SpellForce 3 is developed by a new Nordic Games internal studio. The key personnel are people from the defunct Coreplay (JA:BiA). That's actually more high profile than I expected. JA:BiA was decent and had solid production values. Now it all depends on Nordic's willingness to put money behind this project.

Back
Top Bottom