Bloom - Post-Funding Update #12

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
After a long time the next update for Bloom is available to provide information on the latest state of the development of the game.

Anyhow, after the last update I kept pushing ahead with the world maps I had been working on. This includes the first dungeon, which overall ended up being roughly 25 new maps (and set the general sizes for the next ones).

When the maps were finished and ported into the game, James added a couple new features to the engine too (parallaxing with the treetops, some camera controls **this is my favorite, we can now zoom into the environments to give a little more game play room***, seamless world exploration, updated hit detection and collision, and cloud shadows moving over the game). But, to do some of that, he also had to rip down a bit of the existing engine structure and rework it to give us some better tools (the seamless world exploration and collision detection were the big problems there).

So, a couple steps back and then a couple forward...but overall, it was very worth it.
Next to some images of maps, the update also show animations of two creatures in the game.

More information.

This is a talented team. I'm eager for more news.

Back
Top Bottom