Dragon Age: Inquisition - Another Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here is another a few more articles for Dragon Age: Inquisition this week. So let's start with PC Gamer with some information about the Co-op multiplayer.

Support will include ME3-style chests, which will players unlock new characters and items, and will be available through in-game currency or microtransactions. In addition, Bioware are planning the free release of updates and levels. All of which sounds extremely similar to Mass Effect 3, which was supported with new content for a decent amount of time. If Dragon Age: Inquisition can get new stuff for longer, it'll be a healthy boost for what sounds like a promising mode
The next article is from Gamezone about the games micro-transactions.

While BioWare has announced that the RPG will host a multitude of free and appealing add-ons such as such as additional characters and periodic new multiplayer adventures, it will also offer the dreaded in-game purchase. In this instance it’s geared towards buying Platinum, the game’s currency, which can be used to buy essentially anything for MP but does not effect the single-player mode.
Cheat Code Central also talks about the micro-transaction uproar.

The internet is in an uproar. The ramble rousing has commenced. Can you hear the people sing? Sorry, they aren't singing. Rather, they're tweeting in frustration over Dragon Age: Inquisition. Apparently, people forgot that, despite being developed by BioWare, Dragon Age: Inquisition is an EA game. And EA, being ever so money hungry, likes to shove microtransactions into every possible game. See where I'm going with this?

In case you haven't, let's spell it out. Dragon Age: Inquisition has microtransactions. They tie into the game's cooperative, online multiplayer mode. Let me elaborate. These microtransactions are optional, as everything in the multiplayer mode can be earned via hard work, elbow grease, and dungeon grinding. The items that could be purchased with "platinum" could be bought with gold coins as well. Also, the online multiplayer itself is completely optional, and doesn't touch the main game.
More information.

There was a time when previews and reviews praised games for including multiplayer.

So what's this now?
How come there was no fuss after Ubi said there will be no multiplayer in new Assassin's Creed (not Unity, that one is coop), but here we read about "uproar" on microtransactions.

For what's worth I'd love if Dragon Age: Online was a separate pay2win game. But it's not, you get it with DA3, okay, I'll simply skip it - if I buy DA3 at all.
Does it touch the main game or not, it's too early to say. Even if it doesn't, we can't possibly know if it will do that in the future - it's EA so prepare to be scammed and skinned alive.

We can't know how much money EA actually milked in pay2win Heroes of Dragon Age on phones. But obviously, not enough. If it was enough, DA3 wouldn't have DA:Online included.

EA is just trying to jump on the MOBA bandwagon. Except that here they are trying to get people to jump into the MOBA bandwagon by buying a SP game first has opposed to just release a F2P MOBA like everyone else.

As much as I hated DA2 (loved da1), I _was_ on board with DA3. With the big push of micro transactions, I will not be buying DA3. I will spend my time with POE and Wasteland 2 instead. EA forgot how to make games and now just ruins companies that do know how to make them (or did. Sorry Bioware).

Makes me miss Origin Systems. The first company I remember EA butchering.

Man, cmon.
It's simply too early to know all details about this MP feature.
Yes they've described you'll choose a hero, do this, that, etc, but that's not what people are asking and they're very careful not to say more than is (currently) enough.

Multiplayer is in the game, okay, some people adore multiplayer so why not integrate it. It's not the first game with it and won't be the last.
But will it really and completely be separated from singleplayer "campaign"? Does it mean always online Origin DRM and not just activation on Origin?
They may say now whatever they want, but we'll learn certain answers a few days before the release. Till then, let's just be careful with preorders.

Don't forget that I'm probably the biggest EA hater on this board and also probably in this part of the world. That still doesn't mean I won't buy the game. It all depends on what will EA do with it on the release day.

Back
Top Bottom