Feargus Urquhart - Interview #3 @ Matt Chat

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Matt Chat is back with the third video interview with Feargus Urquhart the CEO of Obsidian Entertainment, and talks about the fall of Black Isle in 2003.

Feargus returns in part 3 of my 4 part interview. In this segment, we talk about the collapse of Black Isle in the wake of some questionable decisions on the part of Fargo and other execs--Interplay Sports, Engage, losing the D&D license, and some bad bets on consoles (Sega Saturn, anyone?). Despite the passage of time, Feargus is still quite emotional, and you can't help but wonder what might have happened if the leadership had listened to him.
More information.

I just re-watched all three interview videos, and could cry right now. So many games that never got made over the years at Black Isle, and Obsidian.:bigcry:

One part of the videos that interest me is Feargus says Pillars of Eternity will be out this year, and goes on to say he has information DA:I has been delayed to next year.

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...=UUE98xefVUXmbvQfe-wNS8oA&v=hBkvRaqcIKw#t=730

Whaaaaaa????

Wow. If it's true, EA must have been burned enough times by crappy, premature, broken releases that they're actually starting to listen to their developers. Stranger things have happened...

It's a little disappointing, but I'll get over it. I've still got plenty of Dragon's Dogma to play. :)

Whaaaaaa????

Wow. If it's true, EA must have been burned enough times by crappy, premature, broken releases that they're actually starting to listen to their developers. Stranger things have happened…

It's a little disappointing, but I'll get over it. I've still got plenty of Dragon's Dogma to play. :)
There has been no official conformation from Bioware about the next DA:I delay. If Feargus is right the game would be delayed for the second time in one year now.

I see this as both good, and bad news.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom