GOG - 6th Birthday Promo!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor
6 years old already. They grow up so fast don't they. Viva la GoG!

80% off on select games to be announced. Keep an eye on them as they change.

More information.

Happy Sixth Birthday GOG, and many more to come hopefully.
smiley-greet006.gif
smiley-greet002.gif
smiley-greet001.gif

Just please bring back the old site as I hate the new layout.:worship:

Same for me.

What were they thinking? :wall:
I would take a guess and say because of tablets, and Window 8.1. I have seen a lot sites move to the type of format GOG uses now, and I don't like it.

More squares, big fonts, and smaller webpages.:disappointed:

A site that's been an immense boon to the industry.

The question this anniversary elicits, of course, is how long it will be able to remain relevant, or even viable. Now that the low-hanging fruit of classic titles is long gone, that there are more competitors like Green Man Gaming and the Bundle sites to bring increasing downward pressure on prices, and that a lot of their back catalog is offered on other platforms often at cheaper prices, it will be harder and harder for them to have something unique to stand out.

They are acutely aware of this, which is why they gravitated toward offering DRM-free indie games, and now DRM-free movies. I'm still not sure it's enough to garner sufficient customer interest to save them in the long run.

I sure am going to hope it doesn't come to this and keep enjoying the site and the incredible value it offers to the starry-eyed people who grew up playing these games, and to the new people who have been able to discover gems they were not aware existed, or didn't get the chance to try.

Back
Top Bottom