Age of Wonders 3 - New Patch & Dev Journal

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Triumph Studios announces patch 1.4 for Age Of Wonders III is now in Beta on Steam.

As we’re ramping up for the Golden Realms Expansion set to be released September 18th, we’re first going to talk about the accompanying v1.4 Patch. There’s a huge list of changes below, but the stand out features of the patch are:

• A whole bunch of AI improvements and fixes, including: a more aggressive AI, trespassing updates, AI surrendering, etc.
  • Updated disjunction mechanics. See Dev Journal: New Disjunct & Spell Mechanics for details. This also includes changes to abilities removing buffs and debuffs to make these consistent with the disjunct mechanics and more interesting overall.
  • Non-Hero units can now continue levelling up beyond “Elite” and the level cap for Heroes has been razed.
  • Added an option to disable observing other people’s Manual Battles, such that the units and spells of other Players are no longer revealed.
  • Tactical spells balance update, making them – and especially buff and debuff spells – more viable and fun.
  • An update to all Elementals, adding more variety to their strengths and weaknesses.
  • Multiple balance changes – specifically to Arch Druid and Rogue units which – adding racial diversity.
  • Changes Happiness and Morale to make these systems more interesting. Includes changes to Skills, Abilities and Status Effects to add more active and direct ways of influencing Morale.
  • Addition of the Package Manager to facilitate user made maps. This including Steam Workshop support. See here for a guide on how to use it!
They also released a new Development Journal about Wild Magic.

Hi there, here’s a look at another new feature from the upcoming Golden Realms expansion. This time it’s the new magical sphere of Wild Magic. Players who choose this specialization have the ability to direct the flow of raw magical energy for spectacular results.
More information.

Are they out of their FUCKING MIND? MORE AGGRESSIVE?

I stopped playing the Campaign, because I couldn't even finish the first scenario! The enemy was constantly overrunning me! How can MAKING THE AI MORE AGGRESSIVE be even REMOTELY GOOD?

This is it! This is the last time I bought a game form that company. I am no masochist, who pays a game of 50 Dollars, just to play the same Scenario 10 times and DIE and FAIL all the time, because some "hardcore" hicks have too much time and ruin all games these days with the DAMN trolling "ohhh pls make all games hard, so we are rid of casual players and boast because we have so big cocks!" DAMN YOU HARDCORE FANS! DAAAAAMN YOU!

Are they out of their FUCKING MIND? MORE AGGRESSIVE?
Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble beating such a passive and easy AI dude ! I suggest you spend some time reading the tips provided on the forum as I'm certain your strategy is seriously flawed and could be easily improved. The first campaign scenario, really ? Come on ! :)

As for myself I'm really satisfied with such news, especially for the multiplayer scenarios, where the AI was really a pity to play against. Add to that the possibility to deactivate the observation of other players combat (THAT was really a fun killer) and the rebalancing of skills and so on and I'm convinced this aspect of the game will feel as new to many. Great news really !

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble beating such a passive and easy AI dude ! I suggest you spend some time reading the tips provided on the forum as I'm certain your strategy is seriously flawed and could be easily improved. The first campaign scenario, really ? Come on ! :)

As for myself I'm really satisfied with such news, especially for the multiplayer scenarios, where the AI was really a pity to play against. Add to that the possibility to deactivate the observation of other players combat (THAT was really a fun killer) and the rebalancing of skills and so on and I'm convinced this aspect of the game will feel as new to many. Great news really !

I tried to understand the game. And I am no noob in strategy games. But the game just beats me. :((

I seriously had hoped they would make the campaign easier. Mind ya, I am speaking about the story-campaign. The random maps are easy enough. It's this thrice damned campaign I cant even make the early scenario, because the enemy builds TONS of mobs while I clean the map. If I move on fast, he takes my cities away behind me; if I built up slowly he builds 100s of uber mobs. :/

Back
Top Bottom