Original Sin - The Wait Is Over Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Larian Studios latest kickstarter update for Divinity: Original Sin has information the promised companion patch is now available. Here are the details.

The wait is over: Two new companions have landed in Cyseal!

We may have been a bit quiet over the past two months, but you'll be happy to hear we've spent the time not only recovering from launch, but also preparing improvements and new content for Divinity: Original Sin. We figured: how better to break the silence than with an exciting update chock full of much-asked-after features?

Today, we're launching a content-heavy update to D:OS players, featuring two totally new companions, each ready (if you play your cards right) to help save Rivellon. Also included in the newest update is a big quality-of-life improvement and another coat of polish.

Below, Swen discusses more about the added content, as well as future updates and what the team's been up to since our last update (hint: Divinity: Original Sin isn't the only game we're working on!).
More information.

The two new companions are intriguing!

-> Another replay after Wasteland 2 :)

Yep, I'll start again after I finish Lords of Xulima.

Great! I've held off playing this game because I've been waiting for patches and the new companions. The game should be pretty well patched now, so I'll finally start it this afternoon. :)

Now I just need to wait a couple more weeks for them to add those NPC schedules they had once promised and I can actually start playing...

Gonna play Wasteland 2 and then revisit D:OS for a second run-through in co-op with the new companions. With the new co-op dialogue fixes should be a ton of fun, as that was really the only thing holding co-op back before.

Gonna play Wasteland 2 and then revisit D:OS for a second run-through in co-op with the new companions. With the new co-op dialogue fixes should be a ton of fun, as that was really the only thing holding co-op back before.

Yes, that was really annoying, glad they fixed it! Still a long way to go on the coop game we are running, so this is really helping.

Sure, wait a couple more weeks, 3 max, and you'll get the NPC schedules installed directly in your computer by Santa Little Helpers......

Great to see Larian's dedication to continue to polish and add elements to D:OS. Maybe they even will get the day-night cycle in there eventually. I was especially glad to hear about the sound enhancement, a key element of game atmosphere.

That was an awesome update. Hearing about all that yummy upcoming stuff is making me look forward to the final patch even more so I can finally dig into it. Please don't let it be too long! :)

Hearing about all that yummy upcoming stuff is making me look forward to the final patch even more so I can finally dig into it.

I only saw a brief mention about new skills and difficulty modes. Did I miss something?

Regardless, I'll probably wait for the final patch as well. There are just too many games to play right now.

Yes, but you have to start the game over. *sigh*

That's really awful. I'm thankful I held off from playing it until the major update was released.

I only saw a brief mention about new skills and difficulty modes. Did I miss something?

Dude, did you even watch the video? :biggrin:
Seriously, seems like you missed lots. They are working on:
- New coop dialogue system
- New and improved visual effects for skills and spells
- More ambient sounds for the game and cut scenes
- Quality-of-life improvements
- UI enhancements (probably some overlap with the QoL stuff)
- Possibly a new dungeon (DLC?), you know, the one Farhang was working on, though I'm not 100% sure if that was for their new game or D:OS, but I believe D:OS since Sarah and that other dude were not even allowed to say a word about the new project so I don't think they would show actual content from the new game
- Research into big screen mode (play D:OS on TV, presumably via Steam's big screen feature).

That's really awful. I'm thankful I held off from playing it until the major update was released.

To be honest I am glad I played it Day One. I will replay down the road as it was such a great game. I am excited to see how the finial patch updates the game.

Though there was nothing wrong with it from day one, matter fact everything about the game is just what I was craving for years.

To be honest I am glad I played it Day One. I will replay down the road as it was such a great game. I am excited to see how the finial patch updates the game.

Though there was nothing wrong with it from day one, matter fact everything about the game is just what I was craving for years.

Agreed. The game was great.

Agreed. The game was great.

I agree, but some of us have limited time for gaming and cannot afford to replay the same game twice, especially one as long. It's a good thing to wait, in certain genres like RPGs and 4X games can be radically different after a few months to a year's worth of patches. Rendering your existing saves obsolete when often it can be more precious than the copy of your game itself and not warning people of this beforehand is not a very good move.

I agree, but some of us have limited time for gaming and cannot afford to replay the same game twice, especially one as long. It's a good thing to wait, certain genres like RPGs and 4X games can be radically different after a few months to a year's worth of patches.

I do agree that time is limited and mine like most has to be used wisely.

But every once in a blue moon a game comes along that just has to be played. I never had one crash, no bugs and hours of fun. I think steam had it at 144 though twice I feel asleep playing it so that is a bit high.

Also I did take on some stronger enemies at the begin over and over again trying to plot out a way to win. So there was a few very long battles that got me no where.

Though I don't fault anyone from waiting to play any game as so many are buggy and to be honest a big pile of crap. This was not one of them though.

Back
Top Bottom