Runemaster - Preview @ Worldsfactory

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I found a new hands-on preview ths week for Runemaster at Worldsfactory.

In development by Paradox Development Studio (you may know them for strategy classics like Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron and Crusader Kings) and coming out on both PC & PS4, Runemaster could become a surprise hit when it releases later this year. Your gender may be tied to your class, but don’t expect to play the same game twice with Runemaster.
More information.

I guess it's cool that gender is tied to class in Runemaster. Normally that might be odd, but Paradox is a Swedish company, and being Swedish, they probably know Norse lore better than just about anyone. Gender was tied heavily to one's place in the nine worlds in all the myths, and it makes sense that it would be the same in a game that wants to stick as closely as possible to the Eddas...

I guess it's cool that gender is tied to class in Runemaster. Normally that might be odd, but Paradox is a Swedish company, and being Swedish, they probably know Norse lore better than just about anyone. Gender was tied heavily to one's place in the nine worlds in all the myths, and it makes sense that it would be the same in a game that wants to stick as closely as possible to the Eddas…

Well, that and that having gender/class independence means double asset creation. I'm ok either way with that as you'll be looking at your character from way above in tactical battles.

I guess it's cool that gender is tied to class in Runemaster. Normally that might be odd, but Paradox is a Swedish company, and being Swedish, they probably know Norse lore better than just about anyone. Gender was tied heavily to one's place in the nine worlds in all the myths, and it makes sense that it would be the same in a game that wants to stick as closely as possible to the Eddas…

I'm sure somewhere someone is crying because he won't be able to play a male Valkyrie...

Back
Top Bottom