Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Director's Cut version of Shadowrun: Dragonfall is now available on is now available for Windows, OS X, and Linux on GOG.com, Humble Store, and Steam.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut is a standalone release of Harebrained Schemes' critically-acclaimed Dragonfall campaign, which first premiered as a major expansion for Shadowrun Returns. The Director's Cut adds a host of new content and enhancements to the original game: 5 all-new missions, alternate endings, new music, a redesigned interface, team customization options, a revamped combat system, and more - making it the definitive version of this one-of-a-kind cyberpunk RPG experience.

NOTE: The Director’s Cut is free to existing owners of the Dragonfall expansion for Shadowrun Returns. It will be automatically added to your Steam Library when the game is released.
More information.

I haven't played very far into this yet (as my usual style is to constantly restart RPGs with different builds until I decide which one I like most), but I can say that I really love the changes they made to the combat system. The fights are more challenging but it feels like you have more control over the outcome. Melee oriented characters seem a lot more viable than they are in SRR. I'm trying out an adept and he's kicking ass, because he can run in there and do major damage to enemies in full cover.

I really want to play it (own it) but sigh so many new games the past two weeks. Gotta pick and choose; trying to decide if I want to dive into wasteland2 or wait for patches.

I really want to play it (own it) but sigh so many new games the past two weeks. Gotta pick and choose; trying to decide if I want to dive into wasteland2 or wait for patches.

I think I'm going to start Wasteland 2 just to create a character and see how combat works... (I've never played the beta). Then I'm probably not going to play it for quite awhile as I'm hoping they eventually add perks and more combat options like headshots, etc.

I was planning to dive into this, but seeing how I'll basically have to start over with a new toon, it'll keep while I finish Jade Empire. Then either this or Wasteland 2 will most likely be on the docket.

I think I'm going to start Wasteland 2 just to create a character and see how combat works… (I've never played the beta). Then I'm probably not going to play it for quite awhile as I'm hoping they eventually add perks and more combat options like headshots, etc.

Headshots are already in.

Back
Top Bottom