RPGWatch Feature - Clandestine at Gamescom

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
While I was a t Gamescom I had the chance to talk to Alex Mintsioulis from Logic Artists about their new game Clandestine, their previous game Expeditions: Conquistador and more.

Clandestine is a different beast. It is not even a RPG, it is an action-stealth game, a spy thriller set in the nineties. It has two playing modes, a single player and a two player asymmetrical co-op mode, in which the first player will play as a female spy in the traditional third person view of an action stealth game. She can move and take cover, climb over obstacles, and use weapons and gadgets. The second player will play in a 2D interface as a male hacker who is supporting the spy player. Alex mentioned movies, such as Sneakers and Mission: Impossible as references. I personally would compare it to the actions in the TV-show Nikita, with the nerd Birkhoff, but as this game is set in the late nineties it would probably be the older show, La Femme Nikita, without the evil organization.
More information.

Exciting! It looks like they did a good job of recreating the feel/ambiance of the mid-90's, and it definitely gets perks for being a spy thriller, and perks for having a badass female protagonist, who is also a spy. Looks like this one's on my radar now too!

It looks much better than I had first anticipated in terms of gameplay.

I would be happy to see more.
Like I said earlier though, even if this game isn't for me, I'd gladly offer up some money so they can create their next RPG :)

Well, I loved "Conquistador", so I´ll give this a try without question. I also liked "Alpha Protocol" and this game seems to be (somewhat) similar in nature.

At first I was a bit hesitant about the co-op angle, since that is really of no interest to me, but it seems like they have made a system that (possibly) works even better for a SP experience. Pre-purchase !

Back
Top Bottom