Graywalkers - Relaunch Now Live

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Dreamlords Digital has launched the second kickstarter for Graywalkers: Purgatory today, and is asking for $40,000 in fourty days to get funded. Here is the latest trailer.

Graywalkers: Purgatory is the first in a series of Emergent Strategic and Tactical Turn-based 3D Role-Playing Games set in a stylish supernatural post-apocalyptic world, where parts of Heaven, Hell and Earth have merged together in an event called "The Rupture". It will be released for PC (Windows, Mac & Linux)

• A Strategic Turn-based RPG with features inspired by XCom, Fallout, & Jagged Alliance.
  • Play in a dynamic emergent world where your actions actually change the world
  • Find, Recruit and Lead your 36 Graywalkers from over 40+ NPCs: each with their own style, background, abilities and personality
  • Strategically manage your resources, people, technology, and magic
  • As the prophesied leader, unite the lands of Purgatory under your banner and lead the war to reclaim the world for humanity
We will be releasing a pre-alpha combat demo in 1-3 days. We're just doing some testing on the new builds before we release them to you. The demos will be for Windows, Mac and Linux.
More information.

I will be doing another interview with the developers soon. So send me any questions in a new PM, and I will include them when I ask the questions.

Now back to being on topic. I hope the kickstarter succeeds this time, and if any of you can help do so. You don't have to back the game just help spread the word.:salute:

This game needs to be a thing that exists.

Backed! It would be truly tragic if this should fail again (I still can´t understand how it could fail the first time, considering how promising the production looked).

Hopefully, the success of Wasteland 2 & Divinity:OS have opened more peoples eyes to just how enjoyable this type of game can be.

Backed!

I will be doing another interview with the developers soon. So send me any questions in a new PM, and I will include them when I ask the questions.
Wouldn't it be better to make a forum thread? So I could see the questions others ask, which might lead to follow up questions. And you avoid redundance.

Backed!

Wouldn't it be better to make a forum thread? So I could see the questions others ask, which might lead to follow up questions. And you avoid redundance.
Yes it would but I was busy with another interview that was posted today. Also the breaking news-bits is being used for the Malware warning right now.:))

Here is the link to the news thread.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25772

Last edited:
I like the concept but they really could have done better with the video imho.

pick 36 out of 40 potentials isn't much of a choice lol. Animations are surely early stages and will be worked on. They look really wooden atm.

pick 36 out of 40 potentials isn't much of a choice lol. Animations are surely early stages and will be worked on. They look really wooden atm.

Their Kickstarter has a an estimated release date of January 2016, so yeah, right now anything they're showing should be considered pre-alpha.

It says 36 out of 40+ characters.... And considering you will divide them into teams of 6 for combat, and some characters will work better with others based on their personalities etc., that's quite a few potential combinations.

Hi there! We actually said "Over 40 potentials" to choose from. This simply meant there was a promise of at least 40, but we're not limited to that. The actual number is more than 50 but with a lower target now, we didn't want to over-promise.

As for the animations, yes they definitely need improvement as this is only our pre-alpha setup. All models and animations will be improved. Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you for liking the concept though. We value that a lot. The video and everything else, we can improve on. For the concept, you simply like it or you don't, so we're happy that you do. :)

Thanks to everybody here on RPGWatch who has backed us so far. We truly appreciate it guys.

I backed this as well.

Back
Top Bottom