Starpoint Gemini 2 - Review Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here are three more reviews for Starpoint Gemini 2 that I found this week, and I must say the game does not have that many reviews at all online.

Frugal Gaming - 8/10

Starpoint Gemini 2 is a near perfect space-simulation game, however I do feel there is a single hurdle some players won’t be able to get around and that’s the initial start of the game; you’ll spend a good 15 minutes simply reading prompts about the different controls prior to getting into the game and then the game effectively leaves you to do as you please, while you float around aimlessly to get your bearings.
Universal Gaming - 8/10

Overall, Starpoint Gemini is an immensely fun and addicting space sim and the RPG elements are a great addition as well. The game may take a bit to get used to for beginners but once you get into it you’ll be blasting enemies out of the sky with ease. There is some slight slow downs that I’ve noticed when new missions pop up but I think that may be due to my computer.
Gizorama - 2.5/5

A space sim that has interesting mod potential and may appeal to hardcore fans of space combat, but is otherwise unremarkable.
More information.

SG2 is fun, but…

Star Citizen looms on the horizon like sunrise. It's sorta hard for a street sign to outshine it.

I personally wouldn't compare SG2 and Star Citizen, totally different gameplay in the space genre.

Elite comes before Star Citizen. I think those are more in the "elite genre" (if there is such a thing) along with Egosoft's X games.

This one is more RPG'ish. The old Darkstar One game is closer to SG2's gameplay.

P.S. 15 minutes reading the tutorial?? I don't remember it taking that long!

P.S. 15 minutes reading the tutorial?? I don't remember it taking that long!

He can't be a very fast reader, but on the other hand 15 minutes is not a very long time spent reading either way... I miss the old days when you actually read the manual before you booted up the game...

Back
Top Bottom