Dragon Age: Inquisition - PC Footage

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I managed to catch this live. It looks nice and the controls seem to work well.
For some reason you have this big X on the ground that consoles use when free moving the cam, I hope this can be turned off.

And it seems they replaced lots of grindy combat with skyrim lots of empty running scheme to get those 200h of gameplay time.

And I didn't enjoy enemy life in thousands. I don't understand the obsession with super high numbers. I would rather not have numbered health at all than.

Last edited:
Very interesting video. Answered a lot of my questions. It seems the appropriate difficulty is hard, just like in Dragon Age: Origins. Nightmare is likely to require a very optimized party, just like Origins (three mages + Shale is actually the easiest way to do it).

Also, I liked the look of that massive area they visited. So far we've seen a lot of the grey/dark areas, so it was nice to see a more colorful one.

And I didn't enjoy enemy life in thousands. I don't understand the obsession with super high numbers. I would rather not have numbered health at all than.

Same here. I like getting excited over +1 damage rather than go ho-hum, only +9000 damage :D

Awesome video! The devs rambled quite a bit, but the game footage was a pleasure to watch. :)

Is it me or is the voice-over just bland and generic? Like the actors had no passion when delivering the lines. At least the conversation at the war table in the beginning. And Cassandra is just the worst.

This coming from seeing the voice-over in the Witcher 3 which was loads better. From both actor delivery to facial animation which is just wooden in DA:I.

Otherwise it looks good.

PC interface looks quite good and the game reminds me of DAO which is a good thing :)

Is it me or is the voice-over just bland and generic? Like the actors had no passion when delivering the lines. At least the conversation at the war table in the beginning. And Cassandra is just the worst.

This coming from seeing the voice-over in the Witcher 3 which was loads better. From both actor delivery to facial animation which is just wooden in DA:I.

Otherwise it looks good.

Well...heh. I mean...Bioware can make a good game, but...can anyone really compare to CDProjektRed in terms of quality? :greengrin:

Well…heh. I mean…Bioware can make a good game, but…can anyone really compare to CDProjektRed in terms of quality? :greengrin:

That's just the thing. Considering the budget that DA:I likely has, with EA behind them, with them using the Frostbite engine. It's almost laughable that CDProject Red left them in the dust.

And, come to think of it, why do the character faces look that bad in DA:I. I mean, the character faces in Battlefield 4 were unbelievably realistic (jump to 1:00 mark). And from the system requirements of DA:I you can't really say they went for low-fi to reach middle/low-end systems. Anyways, just something I found funny. I'm sure it's not as simple as that. But still. The difference is just jarring.

I spy a "venture forth" reference!

Looks really good and the PC setup looks good.

They're showing really tiny parts of the game so I wouldn't judge content just yet.

super amped for this game! thanks for sharing this

And, come to think of it, why do the character faces look that bad in DA:I. I mean, the character faces in Battlefield 4 were unbelievably realistic (jump to 1:00 mark). And from the system requirements of DA:I you can't really say they went for low-fi to reach middle/low-end systems. Anyways, just something I found funny. I'm sure it's not as simple as that. But still. The difference is just jarring.

You don't inherit the actual faces by using the same engine. That still has to be animated, and when the variety is massive (Qunari, Dwarf, Elf, loads of monsters etc) over a much bigger scope (Battlefield is tiny compared to 100+ hours of gameplay in a huge world) that means a lot of animating, so you can't spend as much time per animation.

Back
Top Bottom