Pantheon - New Video Posted on Website

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Visionary Realms released a new work-in-progress video for Pantheon.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is a High Fantasy themed Massively Multiplayer Role Playing game (MMORPG) with a heavy focus on character development, an immersive world, and player interdependence (grouping). It is being developed by Visionary Realms, Inc., a lean and mean volunteer team. We are targeting a ‘niche’ audience who wants more of a challenge, with a mixture of classic MMO mechanics and modern ideas.

This October 2014 video shows our latest development progress, including:

- Database-driven NPC population
- New zones
- Combat and exploration
- Original music, atmospheres and sound effects.

You are encouraged to watch the August update video to see how much measurable forward progress has occurred since then. We are in full-on development mode. More videos coming soon!
More information.

Oy...

Why do they spend so much of the video displaying combat in it's pre-pre-pre-Alpha state?! It hardly serves to drum up interest in the project if your viewers are constantly rolling their eyes.

Thanks for covering this! :party:

I was a back on their KS but I am not too happy with some of the stuff I am hearing about the people who are behind this now. Note that most of the professional devs who were behind the KS are no longer on the project. The project seems to be run (design, coding etc) by some of the backers now and I don't like some fo the stuff I am reading about them....

I was a back on their KS but I am not too happy with some of the stuff I am hearing about the people who are behind this now. Note that most of the professional devs who were behind the KS are no longer on the project. The project seems to be run (design, coding etc) by some of the backers now and I don't like some fo the stuff I am reading about them….
Anything the rest of us can read?

So you all don't have to go thru a million posts I will some it up nicely. Brad spent money for personal issues and all the pros left. He then brought on a crazy lady that is a religious nut job that spews a lot of homophobic crap. She is the one funding the project now along with the donations.

So you all don't have to go thru a million posts I will some it up nicely. Brad spent money for personal issues and all the pros left. He then brought on a crazy lady that is a religious nut job that spews a lot of homophobic crap. She is the one funding the project now along with the donations.

Apparently they got $140k+ via their site after KS failure. Of that Brad took about 40k+ and Brad says that the rest of the original dev team took the rest of the 100k+. Even after that Brad had falling out with the original dev team over the split of the money so the original dev team left…

Anyway after the dev team left, he got "volunteer" developers and the crazy lady was one of them. However it seems even the crazy lady is no longer on the team as of couple of weeks ago… so its one royal mess…

Back
Top Bottom