Age of Decadence - Old Videos & Screenshots

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
why do you think he calls them good? (days)

Because he enjoyed them and now, after the fact, enjoys recalling them.

I think they should change the name to Decade game, since it has been in development for about 10 years ;)

I think they should change the name to Decade game, since it has been in development for about 10 years ;)

At first I thought that was mean but then, I realized that's quite close to what I'm thinking about this game (the touch of irony). I used to be very hyped about it some years ago but lost interest as the time passed by. Now I tend to avoid commenting about it and just wait patiently but from time to time I succumb to the exasperation, lose patience and howl with the wolves :)

@HiddenX

No, I want decadence to succeed though I was hoping for a traditional fantasy. I like magic in my games. I probably won't play Decadence but if it is successful the VDweller may do a fantasy crpg one day.

Same with the guys who do Mount and Blade or Steven Peeler. I don't play their games, but it is my hope that someday they'll do something that I'll buy. I like their folks and a lot of their ideas, just the games themselves don't do anything for me.

P.S. Yeah, I suck at lurking.

No, I want decadence to succeed though I was hoping for a traditional fantasy. I like magic in my games. I probably won't play Decadence but if it is successful the VDweller may do a fantasy crpg one day.

I'm in total agreement. Although Fantasy isn't my top choice I far prefer it to realism. Sci-fi, Steampunk, Cyberpunk or Sci Fantasy are all more fun in my book.

The best mod for the original M&B was Tales of Calradia, which was a Fantasy mod that even added some magic to the game. To bad no one else has repeated that feat (AFAIAO).

I will still buy and play AoD though, but I agree with you that the setting is lackluster.

God, I'd love an open world RPG with M&B's combat and controls.

Back
Top Bottom