VtM: Bloodlines - Retrospective @ RPS

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Cara Ellison of Rock, Paper, Shotgun posted the second part of her retrospective article for Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines that focus on the quests with Jeanette.

This is the second part of my Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines Diary. You can read the first part here. All of this is huge spoilers so it’s only your OWN fault if you read any of this and then ruin your whole life because you spoilered this wonderful game and then you will never like anything again, and love will seem hollow.
More information.

Yeah - great read. One of the best CRPGs I ever played. Fantastic storyline and dialog.

But I'm not so sure anymore because females are "objectified" in this game and I'm "patriarchal" when I look at Jeanette's boobs… :roll:

@ HiddenX - Take it as a token phrase of endearment. . :D

This article serves to remind me that I still need to replay Bloodlines as a Malkavian. My first playthrough was with a Ventrue if I recall; tis what appealed to me most from the clan descriptions at the time. It's been in my backlog now for a long time now.
I loved the game, particularly the first three quarters, the last quarter did descend into a bit of a combat-heavy fest.

Can I get some opinions on the Camarilla mod?

Yeah - great read. One of the best CRPGs I ever played. Fantastic storyline and dialog.

But I'm not so sure anymore because females are "objectified" in this game and I'm "patriarchal" when I look at Jeanette's boobs… :roll:
Haha. I also liked Janette boobs :D Maybe feminist want all men to be gay.

Boobs aside, VTM:B is still one of the best RPGs ever. Even its weaker 3d graphics (by today standards) don't lower its quality. Of course I am saying that for the community fixed version of the game :D (but without added content that they also did).

VTM:B was 2/3rds of a great RPG and 1/3rd of a crappy shooter, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom