Dragon Age 2 - Retrospective @ Zero1Gaming

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Zero1Gaming's Trent Cannon posted a new retrospective article for Dragon Age II this week. Here is a small sample of his article to get you all started.

So we are just over one month away from the release of Dragon Age: Inquisition, one of this year’s most hotly anticipated titles and really one of the only major releases not pushed back till the new year, which has meant that I have already gone back and recreated my perfect playthroughs for Origins and II and built the Thedas that I am ready to help defend as the Inquisitor in this new entry in the series. It has been almost four years since the last time we were there, and I think we’ve all been getting a little bit antsy to return.

So as I set down my controller on DA:II for what is likely the final time, having gotten my ending just as I wanted it and ready to move forward with the next entry in the series, there are still quite a few flaws that time hasn’t really helped gloss over as much as I’d hoped. In all, the game feels rushed, which isn’t surprising considering the fact that it came out less than eighteen months after the first one and around the same time BioWare were trying to wrap up their Mass Effect series. By contrast, almost four years have been spent getting this game just right and when Dragon Age: Inquisition comes out next month, I’m hoping it is going to show that that was time well spent.
More information.

All in all a reasonably fair review, highlighting both strengths and flaws.

I'm a little surprised that some modder hasn't addressed the repetitive caves issue yet. Most of the mods just seem to be changes to character appearances and gear.

I'm a little surprised that some modder hasn't addressed the repetitive caves issue yet. Most of the mods just seem to be changes to character appearances and gear.

Most likely because it the game itself isn't worth doing it to. Also you would have to redo them completely as if I remember they only had one for the whole game that they copied and pasted over and over and over again.

This game and the Origin platform should simply wink out of existence. I'll never understand why people invoke the memories, unless it's just for the annoyance factor.

Most likely because it the game itself isn't worth doing it to.

I don't think that is the reason because there is a DA2 modding community with a respectable number of mods, and they do get a decent, if not overwhelming number of downloads. Even a so-so game can attract modders, if the engine allows it and there is opportunity for improvements. No it's nothing like the Skyrim modding community, but it is active.

Back
Top Bottom