Space Hulk: Ascension Edition - Pre-Order Now

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Full Control Announces you can now pre-order the Space Hulk: Ascension Edition, and released the second video developer diary fore the game.

Full Control Announces Pre-Order and Releases Second Video Developer Diary Outlining Design, Level Content and Gameplay Features

Copenhagen, Denmark – November 3rd, 2014 - Prepare yourself, Terminator! Today independent studio Full Control revealed that Space Hulk: Ascension Edition will launch on November 12th for Windows, Mac and Linux on Steam. Players who pre-order Space Hulk: Ascension Edition on Steam will get a 10% discount, and those that own the original Space Hulk will receive an additional 15% discount off the RRP: a total discount of 25%. Space Hulk: Ascension Edition is now available for pre-order at http://store.steampowered.com/app/317620/

Space Hulk: Ascension Edition is a completely new experience that takes the game to a whole new level. With reworked mechanics and a host of new features, including RPG progression mechanics, new Genestealer variations, new rules, and missions structure, Space Hulk: Ascension Edition has 10 x the content of the original game, with a playtime of 50-100 hours.

Features for Space Hulk: Ascension Edition include:

• Huge Amounts of Content - 103 unique missions spread out across 3 campaign chapters
  • New Enemies - new Genestealer variations for you to face in the depths of the Space Hulk.
  • New Mechanics - a complete reworking of the board game rules and mechanics. It’s still the Space Hulk game you love, reimagined for a new experience.
  • Customisation - RPG-style skill progression and player squad management allow you to create your own tailor-made team of hardened veterans
  • New weapons, more complex maps, combi-weapons and flash missions.
  • 10 times the amount of content of the original game, with a playtime of 50 - 100 hours.
“We are so excited to announce the release date and pre-order for the next instalment of our Space Hulk game , said Thomas Hentschel Lund, CEO of Full Control. “In Space Hulk: Ascension Edition, we have taken player feedback and built a new experience, with deep RPG style progression that takes the claustrophobic, tense experience in the battle against Genestealers to a whole new level”.
More information.

Is there finally a solution for marines not moving with the speed of slugs?

The original release was about as fun as watching paint dry.
Yes it was and their new Jagged Alliance will probably get the same treatment. At least they try to fix their game when other developers would just abandon them.

Yes it was and their new Jagged Alliance will probably get the same treatment. At least they try to fix their game when other developers would just abandon them.

Yeah, and they're kind enough to ask you to pay for the fixes ;)

Yeah, and they're kind enough to ask you to pay for the fixes ;)
They are a small developer with limited resources so they have to do anything to to survive. Many other developers have done the same thing over the years.

Should we condemn Jeff Vogel for his constant RPG remakes that cost $20.;)

They are a small developer with limited resources so they have to do anything to to survive. Many other developers have done the same thing over the years.

Should we condemn Jeff Vogel for his constant RPG remakes that cost $20.;)

I'm not condemning anyone. I'm simply not praising people because they're charging for what they do to make their games fun.

I guess I'm strange in that way.

I'm not condemning anyone. I'm simply not praising people because they're charging for what they do to make their games fun.

I guess I'm strange in that way.
Well I apologize if I was rude as I just woke up. :blush: Anyway I agree with what your saying, but I guess they have to pay the staff for more development time.:)

Is there finally a solution for marines not moving with the speed of slugs?
Space Hulk (the BG) drives the player into thinking the terminator squad as a unit.
Very often, due to the sequence of play in similar games, players tend to play one piece, resolve the actions and think the next actions to be given to the next piece.
This way of doing kills in SH.
You need to think of the squad as a synchronized unit.
When applied to the video game, thinking the moves of the terminators before moving them all as a whole, you'll see that their movement is timed to keep up with the requirements.

Well I apologize if I was rude as I just woke up. :blush: Anyway I agree with what your saying, but I guess they have to pay the staff for more development time.:)

Don't worry about it, I don't take offence easily.

Besides, I know being a moderator can make posters seem extra trying at times, and I'm no walk in the park ;)

This actually sounds interesting, might give it a try when the Backlogs empty... Sometime next year probably.

As for this Ascension Edition, it sounds pretty good. But it doesn't have multiplayer, does it? A boardgame adaption without multiplayer is like a man without a penis.

Back
Top Bottom