Wizardry 8 - Hardcore Gaming 101 Updates

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Forum Member Dark Savant sent in news about a few updates for Wizardry 8 on
Hardcore Gaming 101. Here is the information direct from the e-mail.

Hardcore gaming 101 updated their Wizardry site with page 11 featuring Stones of Arheim and Wizards&Warriors.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/wizardry/wizardry11.htm

and page 12 with Wizardry 8 review including lots of screenshots. Particularly interesting are comparison screenshots between preview and final versions.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/wizardry/wizardry12.htm
More information.

I really enjoyed Wiz 8, and it's the only Wizardry game that I've actually finished. Not sure if I'd ever replay it though simply because of how long it is.

Don't let DTE hear you say that!

As long as you don't mention the unmentionable Might And Magiic, you should be relatively safe. Relatively.

pibbur who has played the unmentionable. And finished it.

PS. Wiz8 is one of the best games I've played. Definitely on my top 7. DS.

Wish they'd focused on a party based, single player experience for Wizards&Warriors from the start. That might have made for a more balanced game than we have now.

One of the few games I've played more than once. In fact one of the few games I played more than 1/2 dozen times; really liked the game play; pity it is not easy to modify (i.e, add new areas/plot/...). Not sure they will ever make another game like this one. Sad. Newer games seem to have more action but lack some of the old magic.
-
Only other game I've played more than twice are DA:O (3 times) and various KB games (dozen and dozen).

I had a blast playing Wizardry 8 a few months ago, and I had no modifications done to the game, simply played it as is. It was glorious, and I'll be replaying it again at some point for sure.

Just a few weeks ago I was thinking of playing this again, after having played it through twice soon after it was released. Very good game which somehow captured much of the greatness of Wiz 7.

Back
Top Bottom