Original Sin - New Twitch Stream

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
Has anybody watched it? I'm quite interested in their future RPGs. :)

Are they planning to add significant content to Original Sin - or is it just fixing/polishing now?

The best part is the last five minutes is were Swen mentions their next RPG game will be based on Original Sin, and it will not be an expansion, or have any DLC.

He also talks about adding and changing the engine based on feedback. He also goes into detail about things he couldn't do based on funding, and staff needed.

All I know is I can't wait for their next game to be officially announced.:excited:
Are they planning to add significant content to Original Sin - or is it just fixing/polishing now?
Based on the last update they are working on the ports, and adding something called nightmare mode. He aslo said there will be no expansions, or dlc in the twitch stream.

Last edited:
From what I understand there is only one big patch remaining that is going to add the nightmare/hardcore mode as per what couch said. I imagine they are all hands on board working on their new project now except for a couple working on the ports/patch.

Well if this is indeed the case (no DLC or expansion), I am disappointed. I am eager to know about their next game, but that will certainly take years. I was hoping to continue playing D:OS in the meantime.

My biggest hope for this game was to have tons of mods and new adventures (small and large), similar to what Skyrim has. That did not happen, and I doubt it will. Which means D:OS has been fun but it does not have the power to stay in my hard disk for years. Disappointed.

Oh, ok. I was hoping for more skills and stuff.

No biggie, though, as the game is already pretty amazing. Perhaps the best example of cooperative gameplay I've seen in an RPG.

My biggest hope for this game was to have tons of mods and new adventures (small and large), similar to what Skyrim has. That did not happen, and I doubt it will.

What did you expect? The toolset has only been out for a few months. Modders first need to learn to use these all new tools. With Skyrim, the modders who have already done Morrowind or Oblivion modding before have a much flatter learning curve because the TES editor doesn't change too radically between games.
And then content creation for a single person or even a small mod team is usually taking ages since modders are typically not working full time on their mods.

Give it some more time. It's also a long game so people who might be potential modders might not even have finished playing the game yet depending on their available spare time.
There might also be modders waiting for the final patch so they can be sure that their mods won't be destroyed by a new game version (one of the few downsides of Larian's excellent post-release support).

TL;DR: It's way too early to expect any serious modding efforts yet.

For me the provided link does work.

No I don't have a YouTube version as they usually get released a few days after the twitch release. Also there is nothing wrong with the video provided.

The link above the quote does work. The link in the quote should not be there, but the forum software turned it into a link. So don't use the link in the quote.

Update: I removed the automatically made forum link.:)

Last edited:
My only real ask for the sequel is a more compelling narrative. I never really got "pulled in" from a quest and story standpoint. Everything else was VERY good and I'm not sure there's much else I would change.

Back
Top Bottom