Lord of the Rings Online - Update 15 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
For all my fellow watchers who play in the RPG Watch guild here is news about the latest patch for Lord of the Rings Online from the games forum.

Update 15 Release Notes

New Features

Beornings are here! Every new Beorning character will start in the brand new starting area: Vales of Anduin. Visit Grimbeorn’s Lodge while you get comfortable with your own strength.

Beornings are designed to be a dynamic skin-changer class. Their basic skills emphasize the difference between human and bear forms. There are skills available in three different ways: those available in man form; those available in bear form; those available in any form.

Instead of power pools, Beornings build up Wrath, which fuels many of their skills. Any skills requiring Wrath will list the cost in their tooltip. Bear form requires Wrath to use and maintain. Certain man form or any form skills may also require Wrath.

The Beorning trait trees are designed to allow tailoring your play style to fit a tank, damage, or support role.

• Special Note: With the launch of Beornings in Update 15 we want to let everyone know we are going to be paying very close attention to feedback and be active in making adjustments based on that feedback.
Pelargir Epic Battle: Retaking Pelargir is a new type of offensive Epic Battle where you help Aragorn’s forces defeat the Corsairs at Pelargir. Available in solo/duo mode (with fellowship option coming soon), face a new enemy type, Epic Foes, new barterable rewards, and witness the Army of the Dead annihilate the Corsair host.

Epic Story Volume IV Book 2: The Dawnless Day. The next book in the Epic Story begins! Book 2 of Volume 4 begins with Lothiriel in Dol Amroth.

Central Gondor: Central Gondor has four new regions: Ringlo Vale, Dor-en-Ernil, Lebennin, and Pelargir.
More information.

Whoa...!

Beornings as a playable race? Central Gondor? Holy crap.

And I have such mixed feelings about this game now, after Isengard. >.>

Is there an Rpgwatch kin (not guild, st... sorry, didn't say the last word) in LOTRO? Didn't know that. Details, please (server and name and who to contact).

pibbur who probably should have known this. One of his many failures, the latest one before this one as late as 23rd of october 1996.

Being able to play a Beorning could be really cool, but since it's an MMO they obviously have to be balanced. Which they're not supposed to be, according to the lore.

The general questing in Gondor and Rohan is pretty bland imo. I had a very hard time progressing after Mirkwood as I was just bored. The game peaked in Moria (which was fantastic) for me. The epic quest line is decent as always and while I do like the LOTR lore it also limits what they can do with the game. I'm sure I'll log in soonish and continue the Epic Quests as I had gone as far as you could before the update.

I played this game for hundreds of hours and loved every minute of it. I basically played to about the end of Moria and quit, not because it was boring, I just get burned out after so many hours of one game. I was part of a nice kin and we had some fun times, man. The best parts, for me, were mostly the solo experiences. Exploring the different deadly areas was quite a thrill, especially if you're sneaking around in very dangerous territory.

It was also a blast to play a Ranger because they had transportation abilities that could take you and your party to any map you needed to get to. And some of those locations, man, just breathtaking. The game just kept getting better and better. I really wanted to see Mirkwood but yeah, just got burned out and that was it. I may go back in the future and continue where I left off. Fantastic game, even today (I played it less than a year ago). Great stuff.

Edit - And please, if you play this game, visit the Trollshaws. Don't listen to the negative stuff people have to say about that region. It's absolutely the greatest region I've ever played in any RPG, ever. I heard they were revamping it and I'm not sure if they have yet, but man, that area was just amazing. I get chills just thinking about stepping foot into those winding paths and hearing that beautiful music playing. Or my first trip to Rivendell. Ahh, good times, good times.

Fluent gives good advice.

Thanks, Aubrielle :)

LOTRO is a work of art, IMO. One of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had, that's for sure.

More advice. If any of you have any interest in Lord of the Rings lore, I would highly suggest giving the game a spin. If you're like me, you'll be super enthralled with it. It's got a lot to chew on if you're into lore. Well-written quests galore, interesting storylines, fun and challenging scenarios, beautiful locations. The game is just great.

Okay, enough rambling. Adios :)

I just finished up the last quests in The Dead Marshes tonight and got the first quest for the new area. I'll start those this weekend I'm sure.

They did revamp the Trollshaws but I would need an appropriate level character to check it out which I do not have.

Moria may be the best expansion ever in any game for me. It was that good.

Moria may be the best expansion ever in any game for me. It was that good.

Agreed. Moria was amazing to me. The atmosphere was just unmatched. The atmosphere of the entire game was on point. You really felt like you were exploring Middle Earth.

After Moria tho, every expansion went downhill. There are bright spots for sure but over all I give the post Moria experience a D where pre Moria was an A and Moria an A+.

Thanks, Aubrielle :)

LOTRO is a work of art, IMO. One of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had, that's for sure.

More advice. If any of you have any interest in Lord of the Rings lore, I would highly suggest giving the game a spin. If you're like me, you'll be super enthralled with it. It's got a lot to chew on if you're into lore. Well-written quests galore, interesting storylines, fun and challenging scenarios, beautiful locations. The game is just great.

Okay, enough rambling. Adios :)

Is LOTRO your first MMO?

Fluent gets excited about games in general ;)

They're all the best games ever.

That said, LOTRO does a few things really, really well. World building is definitely one of them.

Too bad what happened to it. It had so much potential, but then again - that's common enough in the big MMOs.

You don't have to smoke anything. Just approach life like an innocent child. The world is amazing, you just have to pay attention and look. :)

You don't have to smoke anything. Just approach life like an innocent child. The world is amazing, you just have to pay attention and look. :)

Damn it! I thought there might be a quick fix some where! Long gone are the days I can approach a game like child :(

Yeah, my damnable age, experience and memory are conspiring against me to teach me something about what I like and don't like.

;(

Yeah, my damnable age, experience and memory are conspiring against me to teach me something about what I like and don't like.

;(

...you mean cynicism? ;)

I prefer to consider it living in, rather than escaping from, reality ;)

But, if you're on the run - it might very well seem like cynicism :)

Those are some serious mental gymnastics, Dart. xD

Back
Top Bottom