Stasis - One Year Later Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I briefly mentioned the adventure game Stasis last year when it was successfully funded on Kickstarter, and it's hard to imagine a whole year has gone by already.

The games developer Christopher Bischoff released a new one year update with information on the games development, and posted a new preview video.

A year ago today I clicked the big green LAUNCH button and listed STASIS on Kickstarter.

I hoped of attaining the vast $100,000 goal, which would validate three years of my part-time labors and allow me to work full time on my passion project, STASIS. You, the backers of STASIS stood behind me and rallied support.

We did it and more!

It is now November, a year later and a few months after my initial planned BETA release date.

I want to give you an in depth look at what we've been up to and where we've been allocating our time and your money. So much more has been added. More than initially planned. STASIS is now looking and feeling like the game I dreamed of all those years ago - this has taken a little longer than anticipated, but is coming together splendidly.
More information.

I was wondering where this game went to.

It looks incredible, and I bet it will be incredible.

From what I seen so far this game is an adventure game with a bit of horror atmosphere.
Are there any RPG elements at all in it?

From what I seen so far this game is an adventure game with a bit of horror atmosphere.
Are there any RPG elements at all in it?
No as I said in the news-bit at the top it's an adventure game.:)

Looks good. Reminds me a bit of Nocturne, which had a protagonist with a flashlight that lit up dark areas sort of like what this video showed. Nocturne was a lot darker though. Maybe they'll ultimately have this guy holding a light source to explain the light effect that follows the cursor.

I do like the cursor light beam effect; it provides a good horror/paranoia atmosphere and a sense of exploration of your surroundings.

Back
Top Bottom