Dragon Age: Inquisition - News Roundup # 4

aries100

SasqWatch
Colin Campbelle from Polygon has written an opinion piece about the writing in Dragon Age: Inquisition. A quote about the characters:

In this game, BioWare has delivered characters who feel real. They feel real because the writing team, headed up by David Gaider, managed to write them that way. Writing is something BioWare has always done well, but here, the team has excelled, filling an expansive world with stories, ideas, words and people who, together, create an immense fictional entertainment. Put it this way: If you're going to spend a hundred hours with a bunch of people, you'd better enjoy their personalities.
A quote about the writing:

Dragon Age: Inquisition's writing proves that game characters can be deep and complicated, that they don't need to serve as limp puppetry, badly mimicking the favored archetypes of well-meaning programmers. Writing is emerging as a key component of the great gaming experience, certainly in those games where characters are required to speak and to have personalities. Such characters go a long way towards creating a narrative that presses itself into the shape of the gaming experience, rather than floating uselessly above.
Thanks to Cat Blade at DAI forums at the Bioware forums for finding this.

In other DAI news, Lady Insanity has made two videos with tips how to play DA:Inquisition.
The first video deals with AI and movement. You can watch it here.
The second video deals with how to play a rogue. You can watch it here.

If you're unsure on how the decisions you've made in DA:O and DA2 played out,
PC Gamer has made a very nice video showing you the choices you can make in the
Dragon Age Keep. The video is nearly 2½ hours long and can be watched here.

Thanks to Ace Attorney at the DAI forums at the Bioware forums for finding this.

More information.

Some nice reviews - I didn't watch any videos (not a fan of videos unless short - prefer to read things) but the articles sounded positive. From what I have been reading it seems like a fairly balanced set of reviews if sometimes at odds with each other (i.e. some say characters are flat and empty and others that they are full of depth and life).

Ah well doesn't matter - I have read/seen enough to know it will be fun and entertaining and an enjoyable game to play through thanksgiving and christmas vacations.

Pre-ordered, preload complete.

BTW, preloads are available for preorders.

Preload is ~24GB, which was ~40 minutes on my connection. Tasty.

Poser. ;)

Anybody knows when preloading is available in Europe? Just started Origin but nothing happens.

I think pre-load start the 17th for Europe.

Trevor Morris has succeeded Inon Zur as composer for the franchise. I'm ambivalent.

Zur's work for the first two was kind of hit-and-miss. There were some very very pretty things — everything sung by Aubrey Ashburn in the first game was just beautiful — but a lot of the scene-setting music was generic and unmemorable.

What do people think of the switch?

New guy:

Old guy:

Also, I miss Aubrey Ashburn. Especially with Leliana being a major character again (Ashburn was Leliana's singing voice), it would have been nice to bring her back for a track or two in Inquisition.

Back
Top Bottom