Skilltree Saga - To be Released on the 4th

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is a game that did not get to much press attention: The Dark Eye: Skilltree Saga. It is going to be released this week Thursday.

'The Dark Eye: Skilltree Saga' releases at December 4th 2014 on Steam

Düren, November 27th 2014 – We would like to announce the latest collaboration of Silent Dreams, the creators of the Grotesque Tactics saga, and Headup Games, which will launch on Steam on the 4th of December: The Dark Eye: Skilltree Saga.

The Dark Eye: Skilltree Saga is the first casual RPG with Rogue-like Elements in Aventuria - the world of the famous pen and paper RPG "The Dark Eye". Choose your race as human, elf or dwarf and battle your random generated opponents in up to 100 deep stages with numerous skill, which you can advance and enhance.
We have some screenshots in our gallery and here is a trailer to watch as well.

More information.

Last edited:
Ahh! How wonderful would be to see the return of Drakensang saga into the Dark eye universe. But guess, not in this lifetime.

Rather unfortunate choice of name for a TDE game. But times are changing...

Why do they always have a hand in the air!?

P.S. Wash out that keyboard, Myrthos! It's missing keystrokes!

I wish they would have named it "Lame Cash Grab" :)

I assume that Silent Dreams still struggle with budget. They try to get some money for cheap game with Dark Eye licence. Id like to see them have proper budget (via KS or investor) to create proper Grotesque RPG. Or proper Dark Eye RPG.

I was totallöy flabbergasted when I saw this in a shop. I had NEVER heard of this befire !

And when I had read the headline here, I just thought : "Weoll, it's surely just another Indie RPPG - one among the myriads of others".

"Skilltree Saga" is just a bad name. It doesn't bear even the tiniest bit of appeal. It really sounds to me like an bad Indie title invented by someone who is axcellent with Bits & Bytes, but has a negative numeric value when it comes to language ...

The term "unoriginal" applied here is just an gross understatement.
It's far worse than just "unoriginal".

I think I'll buy it one day - but I can guarantee that witzh THIS title, it will remain on the shelves ...

The term "unoriginal" applied here is just an gross understatement.
It's far worse than just "unoriginal".
If the reviews are true, it fits the - mostly absent - gameplay. It seems that Angry Birds is complex in comparison. Get this: You cannot intervene during the fights that make up this "game". They are automatic! Despite its TDE sticker, there doesn't seem to be much similarity to anything TDE in there either, aside from some token references to the setting.
I think I'll buy it one day - but I can guarantee that witzh THIS title, it will remain on the shelves …
I would only get this accidentally if it were bundled up for cheap with other stuff I want. The Eurogamer review (3/10):

"Were this a free offer on a mobile device, maybe to tease a coming new The Dark Eye game, this would have right and reason to exist. As it is – for ten, respectively 20 bucks – it's just a deplorable exploitation of a well known name to sell people a shoddy product."

There's not much to add to this.

I excepted this to be quit frank as the developer Silent Dreams has only made three poorly made humorous RPGs on the PC in the last four years.:disappointed:

I had high hopes for the developer when they were making a true RPG called Grotesque: Heroes Hunted. They even had a few Gothic developers join at one time.

Link - http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/grotesque-heroes-hunted/

Well, if you expect Grotesque Tactics quality, you expect too much. The game consists of three "dungeons" of 30 monsters each. The name-giving skilltree is the gameplay element: you assign abilities prior to each fight. Then you press the button and watch the show until either your char or the monster fall over. Rinse and repeat.

Well, if you expect Grotesque Tactics quality, you expect too much.
I expected it to be terrible and it was.
I excepted this to be quit frank as the developer Silent Dreams has only made three poorly made humorous RPGs on the PC in the last four years.:disappointed:
Note the disappointed smiley as all their games where low budget failures. I lost faith in them a few years back when the developer almost went bankrupt.
Although the Grotesque franchise line continues on, this particular game was put on indefinite hold in order to concentrate on smaller and more focused releases. Although there is a chance that Heroes Hunted will be picked up again at a later time, the game currently, according to the developers, "has been put on ice."

I expected it to be terrible and it was.
Note the disappointed smiley as all their games where low budget failures. I lost faith in them a few years back when the developer almost went bankrupt.
I understood that. What I wanted to express is that, this time, they managed to hit even below that mark set by the "Grotesque" games, at least as far as gameplay is concerned. On the plus side, you are spared their weird humor in this game ;).

Last edited:
For the terminally curious, the game is now part of the current Bloodshed Bundle at Bundle Stars. Although that price is probably still too much.

That humor...

7F2995977488E6CFD3ABFC2EE4D9589600B0C392

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom